Help, Starting to get a little nervous

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by stoned budda, Dec 21, 2007.

1. high yall, heres the problem, everythings going great, in fact better than i expected. i ended up with three plants out of the original 9 planted. I set the clock back to 12/12, 28 days ago, and they've been blooming like crazy, alittle to good as a matter of fact.
    im running out of room. this is my first grow in my new set up, i left 4 1/2 feet for head room and im at that now. i tied down some but they kept growing. i have now built a framed chicken wire canopy, and im gonna try and Scrog them a little, but i have to say im a little nervous about that cause i never had to do it, this is my first hydro grow.
    when should vertical growth slow? its been 4 weeks.
    can fan leaves be trimed, will the stress hurt or be benificial to them?
    Will scroging them at this point fuck up the tops, cause some are getting pretty big?

Thanx Budda

Attached Files:

2. Instead of trying to fit the forming buds through the screen, try placing the screen below the canopy (ideally on top of the pot/bucket) and tie back the higher-reaching stems with string or floral wire. This is known as a reverse ScrOG and will be less likely to harm your potential buds by forcing them through a screen. You can also add more blue light to help with the flowering stretch, but this grow is a bit too far along for it to matter now.

I doubt you'll be able to get any of the main stems bent more than 45 degrees or so. Anything more than that will be slow going with the thick stems.

3. i thought about the reverse ScrOG method but its a jungledown there.

4. Dude... it's chickenwire! Cut it to fit! It doesn't have to be square!

Cut them in slats wide enough to fit between the stems of your three plants, then lay two longer slats over those lengthwise and ziptie the whole thing together. Trim the bottom 6" or so of your plants if you have to - sacrificing a few popcorn buds to keep the main colas from the lights is a noble cause.

Afterthought... maybe stakes off to the sides of the buckets. Tie the main branches to the stakes off to the side, spread out the side branches to the center. Try to keep light distribution as even and efficient as possible. Also, taking a picture from a few steps back (like an overview of the grow area) would be helpful.

5. [quote name='hashaman'] Afterthought... maybe stakes off to the sides of the buckets.

Their in 6 inch rockwool cubes in a flood tray lined with river rocks to support the root system. their very stable tho with enormus stems. im tying them down now, it aint gonna hurt them.............peace

6. i wouldn't mess with a screen, just tie em down. the stretch should have stopped after a month. have you thought of moving the light closer?

7. Give us some before/after shots :)

8. like said yesterday was 28 days so they should slow soon, i tied down the two bigest, incidently most fo these branches have already been tied back, if i untied it they woul be about 5-6 ft tall, hell i only veged them for 2 weeks, it was bag seed but what ever strain it was was probably an outdoor strain. i very happy how its turning out, if all keeps going i estimate 2 oz. a plant, not bad for my first hydro grow from bagseed.

9. sounds like a sativa maybe, they love to stretch. after a few days you can untie them and they'll stay put.

10. yes thats what i intend, ill post a few more pics in a few days to show you guys how their doing. im used to growing in pots on the floor. im not used to worrying about headroom you know.