Help Start My Next Grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by TrickTitan24, May 21, 2008.

1. Im moving my growroom and upgrading it. So Ive got a 36x20x64 grow tent with an air coolable 400 watt and a 6" Vortex. I have a 20lb. bottle and I plan on getting a temperature/humidity/CO2 controller. Im going to use the Vortex to exhaust the air from the light and out a carbon filter. So what I wanna know is my grow tent has 3 vents with flaps around the bottom do I need an actual intake fan to prevent a vaccuum? I have 30 inches of room above my tent and would like to rig the CO2 tank and Vortex there. I liked an idea I saw from another guy on here where he had the fan in a rubbermaid bin and it looked legit. How much CO2 should I be giving plants in a grow tent my size?

2. Regardless of size you want 1500PPM of CO2. To achieve this, you need a regulator and solenoid valve. You would want to set the flowmeter at 1cfh, and release co2 for almost 2 minutes. That will get you to 1500ppm. You will need one of 2 things; A recycle timer used in conjunction with a greenhouse controller, that will turn off your co2 while venting, and will reset your cycle after the exhaust shuts off. Or, you will need a PPM controller that can also be used with the above greenhouse controller. There are also many DIYs here that can help with alot of those things.

No need for an intake fan, vacuum is a good thing. Looks like you are referring to GoneJah with the rubbermaids above his cab, but that would not look to swell on top of a grow tent IMO. It does look at home on a regular cabinet though.

I don't know that much about grow tents, but I don't think that the top will be sturdy enough to hold a 20# Co2 tank.

3. So I will just get a controller that does temperature/humidity/CO2 PPM. Im going to use a bigger rubbermaid box than buddy did and you cant see my grow tent, just above it. I dont have room on the sides of the tent but a sturdy rack above it would let me have the rubbermaid and CO2 tank up there. Thanks for answering my intake question I was almost gonna go buy a squirrel fan.

4. So my local hydro store has a CAN Filter that has a max CFM of 420 @ .1 sec contact time and my Vortex has a 449 CFM, can I use this carbon filter? I've been tinkering with my growroom design and was wondering if it matters what order my filter and inline fan are. So can I go Light -ducting- Filter -ducting- Fan and/or Light -ducting- Fan -ducting- Filter?

5. Do a quick sketch describing what you are sayig there.
    And. Is the filter reversible?

6. I dunno if the filter is reversible, Ill check that out. What I wanted to know is if it matters what order the filter and fan come after the light? So in my sketch, does it matter what order A and B go in? I was also looking at my circuit board and checking to see what is on what amp. The electrical switches have numbers on them like 20, 30 and 50, is this the amperage for that switch? If it is then I have 20 amps to mess with in my growroom. My next question was 2 of the 50 amp switches dont seem to turn off anything in my house, one is labeled Furn. and the other Range or Rlange (buddy who wrote next to the switches has shitty handwriting) what do you think they stand for? There is no furnace (at least I think) in my house and the water heater, dryer, washer, fridge and dishwasher have all been accounted for.

Attached Files:

7. Get glass for the light, and put the filter on one side of the light, and the fan sucking air out the other

Attached Files: