HELP!!! Spider Mites With only 2 Weeks To Go...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by evilgnome, Nov 8, 2011.

1. #21 nagol1, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    HAHA that's your problem right there dude. You're not supposed to mix neem with anything BUT water. Mixing food or anything else in with neem based substances messes with the chemical balance. Like I said, you're applying it wrong.

And it kills them within a week dude, if you can't eat or reproduce, good bye.

YOU'RE COMPARING BRANDS - NOT THE ACTUAL SUBSTANCE

I never said use PURE OIL and AZAMAX has REAL NEEM in it.

Neem itself has no odor after its dried, therefore the products you're using have additives MAKING THIS SMELL, not the actual NEEM.

They even have neem products with different aromas you can purchase, like rose, spring, ect. This only further proves the products you used were garbage. If you failed with azamax then I have no advice for you, it's pretty simple to get positive results.

Uhm actually botany is the study of plants, so anything do with with plant science, plant chemicals, plant life, ect. falls under botany. You're arguing some stupid shit dude, and it's obvious you don't know neem from the oil you put in your car.

You contradict your own statements thoroughly in the last paragraph, PROVING that you've used the wrong brands, I'm not going to argue anymore. You're comparing products and brands, not the actual substance.... and plants do like neem, it's a form of natural pesticide, its the same concept as natural cannabinoids vs the ones you put in your body from smoking dope. Plants do in fact love it. The roots don't like oil, but they like the pure azadirachtin extracted from neem oil and that's exactly what's in azamax.

I'll say it for the 15th time... you USED THE WRONG PRODUCTS or APPLIED THEM WRONG. The fact that you got BUD ROT from spraying azamax on your plant PROVES that you applied it wrong. A couple of my roots might have a drop of vegetable oil on them (which is most likely washed away on the next watering) but I don't have any bugs, the growth is perfect, you can't smell anything but good bud, no soil bugs, just perfection, good thing plants have more than 1 root. ;) Like I said you only water once with azamax in the plants entire life cycle and you're good to go. Bug free since '03

Why on earth would I keep looking for another product when I found one that works perfectly?

If watering "once" with a "low dosage" of azamax "choked" out your roots then you're definitely doing something wrong.. and just to PROVE your full of shit, it takes at least 2-3 DAYS for it to get from the roots to the plant, the fact that you "had to" flush 4 hours after watering with neem only shows your ignorance. 4 Hours, sounds like you butchered your plant in another way and BLAMED NEEM.

To the noobs:
    Just water once with a low dosage of azamax and it will take care of 99% of your bug problems. If you're worried about "oil" you can always flush a few days after you give it to them. This ensures your plant is getting the natural pesticide and your roots aren't getting "choked". You should be flushing several times in your plants life anyway, so this is really a no brainer and a win win.

2. The thing with those damn spider mites.You can fight them with neem and it will kill them if your religious on your spraying, so as to kill any new mites that have hatched before they can lay new eggs.In veg you can apply diamatacious earth to shred anything insect wise.SNS 217 spray containing rosemary as the main ingrediant can be used up until the day of harvest , works great and won't affect potency.
    But the Holy Grail for spider mite eradication is Mighty Wash by 'That Stuff'. 1/2 of a percent of some metal and the rest is water. Suposed to zap the little bastards with an electrical charge. Safe to use until the day of harvest and zaps powdery mildew too.You want to take it up a notch spray your shit with an atomizer. It will blast every nook and cranny.

3. Anybody ever used "mighty wash"?

4. [quote name='"oldhippytoker"']Anybody ever used "mighty wash"?[/quote]

I'm wk4 flower and realized I had spidermite quite a few on each plant too I got mighty wash give each plant a good spray just as lights went off there' wasn't 1 in site the following day don't know what happens to them?? But the stuff worked wonders for me just hope can keep them away :) good luck.

5. yeah that stuff really worked for me too. But you may have to do it two or three times to catch them all (but no worries the bugs cannot get immune to the mighty wash.)

6. #26 Droolie Boy, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
    To all my brothers who are now fighting the dreaded "Borg" (Red Spider Mite, Two Spotted Spider Mite, Mendocino Super Mite,Thrips, Root Aphids, Powdery Mildew Whatever), have in the past or will in the future ...I impart to you these words of wisdom......
    Thou shalt purchase and use religiously a 30X illuminated microscope. I like the Eco Plus (Plain light bulb as opposed to the LED bulb on the other scopes available-I like to check my buds before I harvest for the color of the trichomes and the plain bulb gives a more true look to the trichomes.)
    It's too difficult to see the mites and eggs with a magnifying glass and tell if there is anything moving.With the scope you can monitor the little bastards and see if your treatments are working, in which case you are going to see a lot of dead mites and also a lot of shiny little round eggs . I spray every three days for about two weeks and then preventive sprays once a week after that to make sure I'm killing anything hatching. I'm spraying clones, veg plants and plants in flower every week until about the fourth week of flower.
    Thou shalt throw away all your heavy organophosphate type insecticides.This means the Floramite, the Avid.Even the pyrethrin bombs. All the heavy chemical shit made by Bayer or Monsanto or somebody else that you have been polluting yourself and the environment with.
    "Yea but I've been doing it this way for ------ years"
    Yea and you have also been possibly damaging your immune system, releasing a lot of harmful chemicals into the environment and endangering yourself, your family and possibly any animals that you have with you in your house all this time.
    Have you always used a "Chemical" rated respirator when you sprayed? Wore "chemical" rated gloves?
    Never got any of it on your skin or breathed it?
    These kind of chemicals cause damage to the immune system and are unnecessary.
    Thou shall purchase and use regularly (not just when you see a problem)
    Mighty Wash
    SNS 244 Spray (Rosemary as active ingredient and I think it dries up and kills a lot of eggs)
    Monterey Insect Spray(Has Spinosad which i feel works on spider mites and in combination with Botanigard ES will kills thrip's and root aphids.)
    For powdery mildew spray use SNS 217 Spray (Thyme is main ingredient) also Greencure and lower humidity- increase airflow/fans
    Also regular use of the Mighty Wash seems to cure a Powdery Mildew problem.
    Safers Caterpillar Killer and or Monterey Insect Spray once a week outdoors or in the greenhouse for moth worms that can attack and ruin buds.
    Also if you have the money pick up an atomizer to spray with.
    It will blast your plants with a fine mist spray so that you don't miss anything. I think it blasts a lot of mites and eggs off too.
    When I used to use the Floramite, the Avid etc afterward my plants didn't look happy, sometimes looked slightly burnt or yellow, and took a few days to recover losing some of their vigor.
    When I use the Mighty Wash and the SNS sprays not only does it not stress them, but actually seems to give them a boost, perks them up and makes them look happier.
    After you have gone both ways and seen the results it's not much of a decision.
    Thou shalt go all natural/ organic on all your sprays and treatments-Have a good life and prosper.

"Short pipe short life" .... "Long Pipe long life"-(Old Afghan Saying)

7. mighty wash

8. Dont you mean thou shall.

9. My bad. I'm tripping up on my "shalls" and shalts.
    I meant to say:
    Thou "shall" purchase and use religiously a 30X illuminated microscope. I like the Eco Plus (Plain light bulb as opposed to the LED bulb on the other scopes available-I like to check my buds before I harvest for the color of the trichomes and the plain bulb gives a more true look to the trichomes.)
    Thou "shall" throw away all your heavy organophosphate type insecticides.This means the Floramite, the Avid.Even the pyrethrin bombs. All the heavy chemical shit made by Bayer or Monsanto or somebody else that you have been polluting yourself and the environment with.
    And finally...Thou " shall" go all natural/ organic on all your sprays and treatments-Have a good life and prosper.

"Short pipe short life" .... "Long Pipe long life"-(Old Afghan Saying)