HELP! something is eating my bark at the base

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by NorthBayNugs, Jul 30, 2008.

1. SHIT. I just went out to water and something is fucking peeling and eating the "skin" off of my girls...This is probably going to kill them and at best stunt and open then up to disease, etc. :cry::eek:

They are in a berry bush patch in the middle of a field. I suspect Jack Rabbits.

Anyone with advice please help.

I was thinking I could but cayenne and crushed red peppers and garlic out there...but am afraid that it may burn the plant if applied directly since the bark has been removed. Im going to sprinkle it all over the ground around the plant to try and disuade further munching right now I'll keep you posted.

2. OK ~ I just put some chicken wire around the bases and sprinkled some red pepper and wasabi powder around the bases. I want to "bandage" her up think it will be best to see if it scars over and heals....on of em is already starting to lean....

3. YOU sir. You have made me

1. LMFAO
    2. Fall out of my chair.
    3. LMFAO after reading it again

4. You wouldn't be laughing if two of your biggest and bushiest 6' tall sativa trees were in jeopardy....I've gotten over 2.5# from this strain in previous years. And had to hack my way in two a super dense 6' tall black berry bush....everybody at work asking why your all scratched up and shit...LIVE and LEARN ~ mandatory chicken wire cage at the base next year.

5. not sure who would find this funny... oh yea.. the guy with the spongebob icon under his name! :hello:

dog hair. liquid fence, predator urine, fencing. i say use em all! ha

think you could get a pic up? would really help with the diagnosis.

good luck.. keep it safe.

edit to let you know that duct tape will patch it up without harming it.. lil ghetto i know.. but it works.

6. yea dont worry about it YOUNGbeast has been posting retarded insults to people on this site. i say we all -rep him.

7. Get some pictures up.

8. I wasn't laughing at his situation. I was high as fuck, and at the time how he was like SHIT lol as the first words I fell out of my chair laughing... you want to --rep me for telling the truth? For something I cannot help? Lmfao. And point me to these insults please.

9. It could be a big slug (snail without the shell) eating your stem. It killed one of my girls one summer.

10. that made me LOL like a ma-fucker

11. AHHAHAHA see I fuckin told you!

12. And to answer this, there were a lot of people gettin' on him. I admit, buddy, that I was a little quick to talk shit to him BUT if you noticed at the end I apologized. Oh, but as soon as you saw the first sentence you probably saw it as an opportunity to waste space on another thread to flame me.. Lmfao.

13. OK ~ Here's a photo. It was taken with my Treo so the quality is shitty. I will bring a real camera next time I go out. I checked on them yesterday and they are showing no signs of distress. They look great and don't seem to be bothered which is suprising because i thought they passed the majority of their nutrients between the stalk and the "skin".

I have another patch less than 100 yards away and they show no sign of damage. If its a rabbit I hope he came back and got a nose full of wasabi powder! :laughing:

Thanks for your input thus far. And if my writing makes you laugh its fine with me...Theres plenty of real issues in the world to be angered with and someone finding humor or laughing isn't one of them. Jah Bless

Attached Files:

14. You've been flamed in a lot of threads. And rightfully so. There's a reason I didn't respond to you.

15. Did you not read what I wrote??? I've been flamed for one post, and I was actually agreeing with the guy. They wrongly accused me of pointing out his flaws and --repped me the whole 9. If you are arrogant enough to not accept my apology Idc, at least I know I did what was right. It's still on the table. Admittedly, I've said dumbass things on this forum, but has not everyone?? There is no such thing as a perfect person. NO such thing, so if you can't except that at least get off my back please.

16. yo man that looks like slug damage to me.

17. I think that you just need to chill out and stop laughing at what people post. Judging by the other post that you made, you really look like an asshole. When I read a thread and see someone post something like that, it pisses me off because not only does it make people who smoke weed look bad, it makes this website look bad. Do I want to be stereotyped by other people because some other stoner is a dick? I think not. IF you actually apologized (i dont see where u did?), i accept it. lol, and i doubt ur gonna quit gc.

18. I'm not a dick bro. You reeaally need to get to know me. I am sarcastic at worst, and yes I apologized to both you and Reggin'.

19. That pic is similar to what happened to me this year and it is not f___ing funny if it happens to you. :frown: It could be a soil parasite. I lost half my young indica plants - one day they were doin' great and the next, just like in the pic, the stem eaten at ground level. I discovered a dark brown worm was the problem. It hides in the soil at the base of the plant. I guess it comes out at night to feed. Try a soil insecticide dug in around the plant, that should do for the mutha.