HELP! snapped main branch while doing LST

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by thdguswlr, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Hey first time grower here. My plant is roughly 2.5 ft at the moment and I made a terrible mistake 2 days ago while trying to bend my plant for LST. I snapped my main branch at about 3 inches above what I can see from the surface of the clay pellets in my hydro system. The stem snapped and left about half of the diameter of the stem.

I stood the plant back up straight and tied 2 sticks around it and wrapped plant velcro around it to secure it in place. It's been 2 days now and most the leaves are still green but the newer smaller leaves at the top are not comin in too healthy, they're slightly brownish.

Is it decision time to cut clones from it or does my plant still have a chance? HELP PLEASE!!!

http://img21.imageshack.us/i/dsc0154jo.jpg/

http://img21.imageshack.us/i/dsc0162xf.jpg/

2. From the size of your plant it wouldn't hurt to take a few cuttings but wait a few more days and keep a eye on it. Then you'll have genetic copies that will be the same age as the clone mother provided this is is a girl. Your doing DWC right? What kind of nutes are you using and what's your ppms?

You can use a little pure honey dabbed over the wound to act as a plant antiseptic. Don't get in a hurry a plant can survive this if it was no more than halfway through like you said. It's stressed most likely from the injury so don't take the cuttings just yet. Probably be better to wait a week or two. Good luck:smoking:

3. Yeah, my plants went through alot of harsh times.

Their growth was stopped basically to a complete halt, then I renewed the pH, got distilled water, and now they're growing better than ever.

4. Some folks intentionally "snap" their stems. It's called Super Cropping Your plant most likely will survive, but like above said, take some cuttings as back-up.

5. #5 thdguswlr, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2009
    Hey sorry for the late response, but yes I'm doing DWC. Been giving the plant pbp (15 ml/g), liquid karma (10), cal-mag (5), silica blast (2.5), and my ppm is at 575 right now.

I basically supported the main stem with chopsticks and just kept it there and so far the plant still seems to be healthy for the most part.

Thanks for the help :)

6. Sounds good, you can start gradually raising your ppms again as soon as you start to see new growth forming. New growth formation is a sign the plant has recovered from the ordeal and is no longer stressed out. Good luck man:smoking: