HELP. snapped a branch off 5 weeks into flower.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CF89, Jul 6, 2020.

1. I screwed up. trying a little LST too late in the game and being too aggressive and SNAP. broke a huge branch off of the plant.

I taped it together hoping it would heal it self, came back the next day and my tape had failed. I got it re taped and supported with string now but im thinking its not going to heal itself together and carry on like normal will it??

also, the buds seem to be too heavy for the branches now. why is this? how do I stop this in the next grow and how can I support every single branch now?

thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. IMO: Tape it up but smear some honey on the wound its antiseptic better than clonex for cloners

more vegging time will ensure you have sticks to hang the forthcoming buds on!

good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Use stakes at this point - dowels etc.

If you ever snap a branch again, simply duct tape it well. Duct tape it a necessary part of any cannabis gardeners toolbox.

Ive duct taped branches many many times with no issue - just make sure that the broken sections meet exactly and tape it securely and this usually isnt ever an issue -

If this isnt the case this time then tyere isn’t anything you can do but keep duct tape hanging on tye wall on a nail etc in the future. Duct taping a broken branch and especially a split like yours is requires fast repair - The longer the broken sides sit open to air and light and start drying the less of a chance you have for a successful repair. When youve got it handy and can quickly reach over, tear a piece off and make the repair instantly, your odds will rise to around 99.5%.

Duct tape.

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. awesome. thanks guys. we vegged them for 2 months but didnt really use a fan.

I looked at it and it seems there is approx a 1mm gap now between where the break is... I re taped it but the tape must of stretched and I couldnt close that gap up fully without being too rough and being hard on other branches.

the cola that broke off doesnt seem to be dying or drying out yet... despite hanging on by a thread (see last pic).

ill post a pic tonight of how shes doing.

5. Just do your best to support the broken branch and you may be surprised. They are amazingly resilient plants. I have had many plants recover from all sorts of jacked up LST savagery when I was figuring things out. I have also had broken branches like that not die, but finish a little fast and less fully then the rest of the plant. I always considered it the gods telling me to enjoy a test smoke of what was to come. Bottom line, if it is not wilted, it is alive and kicking

• Like Like x 1
  6. For next time look into using scillica. It reinforces the plants structure as it grows. Makes them stronger and more flexible.
    Imagine a tub of marbles. Those are the plants cells. Now fill it with water.
    That's what the scillica does. Fills in all the gaps and makes the woodwork strong as fook. Really is wicked stuff.
    Best used at 40ppm from seedling to mid stretch.
    Apparently it is safe to use in bloom but there's a few reasons why many of us won't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1