Help!? Sick stem!? Jack Herer GHS

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Jack Her, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Hi guys... i've noticed some spots on the stem..any ideea what this is ?

Bubbler system, Flora Nova Bloom (ghe), Mineral Magic, Bio Bud.
    600w Hps, temp 26C, Rh 50%
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Just looks like a little bit of the outer stem got taken off. I wouldnt worry about it. Now if it was mold, or it looked mushy or had bad discolleration I would say you got a problem.

Happy growin and smokin.

3. Thank u for helping me. Also I've noticed something else.. a few gray spots on a few leaves.. isn't Botrytis doing this kind of damage? At first where a few spots on the main stem. After a week or so, they kinda doubled and spread to the other stems. Maybe I just over fert them ? Toxicity?
    I sprayed with Mineral Magic. Don't know if it's ok.

Attached Files:

4. Yea man, Kinda hard to say. Doesnt look like mold at all to me. But I also dont know what Mineral Magic is. Got a MSDS?? I guess I could look online. Ill check back in a bit latter to see if somebody else touched on the topic before me.

But whatever it is the leaves do not look like they enjoyed it at all.

5. Well after doing a little bit of reading up. It doesnt seem like mineral magic is spossed to be used as a foilar feed. That is my conclusion at least. Usually your not going to get Botrytis unless really high humidity and low air circulation.

I never even asked but are you in veg or in flower?

Here is what I found on the Mineral Magic stuff though.

Mineral Magic
    For all growing methods: hydroponics and soil
    A rare organic additive with silicate

Mineral Magic is a natural silicate powder, particularly important in hydroponics and soil less cultivation as it brings in a rare element, silicate.

Silicate is recognized as an essential element for higher plants.Mineral Magic contains ancient sea-bed deposits of biologically transformed organic matter, plus naturally formed silicic acid clay.

Mineral Magic contains the largest range of minerals (63 !), and provides a naturally soluble form of Silicon which enters plant cells and builds a hardened shield against disease and insect attack.
    Mineral Magic's natural colloids improve cation exchange capacity to nutrient solutions. This enhances nutrient availability.
    It stabilizes nutrient solution pH and conductivity which reduces stress for rapidly growing plants.
    It protects against toxicity of metals.
    Mineral Magic meets organic guidelines as a natural additive for plant nutrient solutions. It is not a fertilizer, and must be used in conjunction with fertilizers to enable plants to grow

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    MINERAL MAGIC AND MICRO-ORGANISMS

In hydroponics, avoid using Mineral Magic with the micro-organisms (BM & SubCulture). It is counterproductive since in water, silicate dissolves into silicic acid, which slows the development of beneficial colonies.

Conversely in soil, when mixed in powder form, the large range of elements included in Mineral Magic stimulates the growth of beneficial micro-organisms, and helps create a natural environment for extremely healthy plants.

Mineral Magic exists in 1 kg, 5 kg and 22 kg

How to use Mineral Magic
    Add Mineral Magic in your reservoir or sprinkle it at the foot of your plant, in hydroponics. In soil, sprinkle it at the foot of the stems. Follow the instructions on the labels and read the nutritive programs for each of our nutrients.
    When to use Mineral Magic?
    Use Mineral Magic during the whole life of your plant, in hydroponics and in soil.
    Which are the advantages of Mineral Magic?
    Mineral Magic provides silicate and more than 65 other minerals to improve your plant?s diet, strengthen their structure, and help stabilize the pH level of your nutritive solution.
    Which are the other specificities of Mineral Magic?
    Particularly in bioponics, and combined with BioSevia and BM, Mineral Magic allows us to offer you everything you find in soil. It?s the concept of Liquid Earth.
    Why use Mineral Magic?
    Mineral Magic improves your plant?s environment, especially in hydroponics, and brings earth to hydroponics.
    © Copyright 2012 - General Hydroponics Europe - All rights reserved
    Hydroponic, bioponic, hydroponic system, nutrients, substrates, additives

Conception et maintenance J'NOV website france sites internet toulouse

6. #8 Jack Her, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
    And to be honest, I left a good friend of mine to take care of them for a week..he did a wonderful job...f..ng idi..t.. well, untill we die, we learn. :)
    I'm in flowering, 3rd week.
    I will take a pic tomorrow morning, when I'm changing the water.

Attached Files:

7. Lols its ok man. Everybody has to start somewhere. I woud becareful about who you tell about growing though. Their is the saying keep your freinds close and your enemies closer.

8. good air circulation, carbon filter, fresh air every second.. I also flush them..pH 5,8 Ec1,8. maybe i'm missing something...or probably to much stress from burning them..

9. Hmm I see Hydro. Or soilless atleast. I wouldnt be spraying anything on them at all anymore now that your in flower. And I would try and get the humidity lower than 50% Sounds like you have everything under control though. But do let me know if that still spreads or if it is just a burn from the foilar feed.

10. I only sprayed that area, not on the flowers or leaves. I will try one week without Mineral Magic. If I remember, I never had this kind of problem in veg. I'm using a bubbler system.
    I will come back tomorrow morning with closer pics.

P.S. Thank you for your pretious time. It meant a lot to me.

11. And I sprayed after I saw the "damage"