Help! sick plant can't determine what's wrong!1

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by DannyDabs420, Nov 5, 2016.

?

Over feeding or Phosphorus/Multiple Deficiency

Poll closed Nov 12, 2016.
  1. Overfeeding?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Phosphorus Deficiency

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Multiple Deficiencys

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Nitrogen and phosphorus Deficiency

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. What type of medium; soil or hydro?Soil
    What brand and type of soil?Black Gold Organic
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Pure Kush
    How old are the plants? 63 Days 30 in flower
    What type of lights and how many watts? CFL's 6 23w 4 2700k
    2 6500k
    How far from the lights? 2-3 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Every 3 Days Mix of distilled and tap water @ 200ppm
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? 5ml per gallonFox farm Tiger Bloom 1ml Bud candy @ 6.4ph
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? Runoff pH 6.5
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 22-28c 45-55% RH
    What size pots? Roughly 2 1/2 - 3 Gallon
    Any bugs? Look real close. None what so ever
    Any other pertinent info? Had I bit of nutes burn so I didn't feed for 2 watering Then I fed 3 days ago with the above amount after I fed her is when the leaves started yellowing, Lost about 10 leaves since then. Here's some pics of the leaves that are affected.....

Btw it's only affects the bottom leaves IMG_20161105_152746880.jpg IMG_20161104_192306879.jpg IMG_20161105_152728815.jpg IMG_20161105_152807757.jpg IMG_20161105_152746880.jpg IMG_20161105_152715016.jpg IMG_20161103_163441874.jpg IMG_20161103_220202.jpg IMG_20161103_164548031.jpg IMG_20161103_220347.jpg This last picture is before it started IMG_20161029_115013703.jpg

2. Normal in flower .

3. You sure that's normal? It's not just yellowing though and that's a lot of leaves to loose that early in flower?

4. So should I just keep feeding the same amount as I have been?

5. Yeah I don't think that's from flowering, That's usually where the leaf turns yellow and might turn crispy brown.

It looks like your leaves are rotting with only slight yellowing.
    My not exactly sure what causes this but your ph does sound a bit high for hydro usually you want that ph right at 5.5 or so.

How are your roots doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Yeah same here i new right away something wasn't right, I'm growing in soil. So the Ph is right where it should be.
    Though the soil I'm using is black gold organic, it has the following in it.... 45-55% peat moss (and 1 or more of the following)
    Compost, Composted peanut hulls, Composted Rice hulls, Pumice or cinders, Perlite and composted worm castings. even tho it has a lot of peat in it, should i still Ph @ 6.5? Roots are good as far as i can tell, they are coming out the bottom of pot, but i do have pretty big drainage holes

7. As far as pH goes, if you get the pH of the liquid GOING INTO your plants right, you don't have to worry about runoff. Forget about the pH of the runoff water. There's a way you have to do it to even measure it, so likely your measurements are right to begin with. pH the water you give your plants and your feed solution to a pH of 6.3 to 6.7...(keeping the pH on the high end will make it easier for the plant to absorb calcium and magnesium...probably the two most important nutrients to the plant). NEVER EVER EVER WATER UNTIL THE CONTAINER YOU'RE GROWING IN FEELS DEAD DRY!!!!! ALWAYS!!!! That's just how it's done to keep the plants healthy. They do not like their roots sitting in moist soil all the time. Drainage is key to the health of this plant, so if your soil is not a formulated grow soil, you likely need to amend heavily with perlite to get the drainage your plant needs. For some reason, your pics won't load so I'm giving you this from experience, not looking at your pics.

As the plant ages during the flower cycle, at a certain point it stops sending nutrition to the foliage and concentrates solely on finishing out the buds. During this time, your plant will experience a "shedding" of sorts of a lot of foliage and by the time your plant is actually ready for harvest, you usually have mostly just buds on the stem/stalk. But, you judge the overall health of the plant by what the new growth looks like. If it's good color (rich blue/green) and the leaves are "praying to the sun,"..... reaching for light, then your plant is healthy.

Your problem is that you don't have sufficient lighting for flowering. CFLs will veg a plant nicely, but they just suck for flowering. Each plant you flower needs enough space for optimum light penetration below the canopy of the plant AND (most importantly), enough wattage of the proper spectrum light to get your plant to give you all it's got. Flowering with CFLs just gets you a thin gangly plant with underdeveloped buds due to not having enough strength in the lighting.

However, it's not all loss. You are learning how to grow the plant and keep it alive and healthy...which is absolutely a must for growing inside. So....once you finish this one or batch and have a much better understanding of how to grow the plant, you can work on getting better lighting for flower for next time. In my mind, I want at least a 600 watt hps or 400 watt LED at the least. More and better lighting grows you a better plant with a much better weight after dry and cure. It'll take a harvest of several grams and turn it into a harvest of several oz. You can always get more off a single plant that is grown properly and gets all the light it needs than you can by trying to flower 3 in the same space. More is not always better, and it's especially true with growing these in an indoor situation.

Read up on how to grow them, how to make them happiest possible, and get some good solid info about what you're doing....tried and proven. You'll hear everything on the forums, but you have to keep in mind that not everyone is on the same skill level. So make sure your advice is coming from experience. Best of luck. TWW

• Like Like x 1