Help SIck Babies

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Sadisticon3, Sep 16, 2009.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro? Hydro
    What brand and type of soil? Rapid Rooter in Clay balls
    Indoors or outdoors? Inside
    What strain? Sick plants are Gods Gift and Afgan Kush
    How old are the plants? Dont know, got them as clones Yesterday
    What type of lights and how many watts? 150w HPS
    How far from the lights? 12-16 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? I've been watering them with nutrient mix (home and garden coco A and B equal parts)
    What, how much and when was it fed? Since I got them yesterday at 5pm I've fed them periodically, just until I hear the water drain into the bucket below. I was spraying them with the nutrient mix but have since switched to just filtered water
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? the Ph is 6.0 and i dont know the ppm
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 81.5 degrees and 50% humidity
    What size pots?3-5inch net pots
    Any bugs? Look real close. no
    Any other pertinent info? white powdery residue I believed to be the resullt of spraying the nutrient mix directly on the leaves.

Yesterday after 5 hours under my light the clones looked better than when I had recieved them, although one was droopy. This morning (7am) droopy had picked up and all the plants were looking better than yesterday, so I covered them in Plastic baggies (again spraying with neuts to create humidity) and I left them until about noon. At 12 some of the best looking ones from yesterday were doing worse and 2 have all their leaves drooping to the lid of the bucket. I'm trying to support them with straws and tooth picks but I fear they are dieing! I have a fan on them now, what should I do?

2. Once a clone is rooted, it doesn't need to be in a humid environment like a plastic bag. It sounds like you are over-watering them. I would also stop with the nutes, you will wind up getting nute burn the way you are going. Water them very lightly, and get them transplanted to their new home. Once they are established, start back with nutes at 1/3 strength once a week or so.

3. BACK OFF THEM BABIES!! the humidity is killing them...no domes or baggies for them

let them drink a little plain H2O but not too much for the next week or so...

just let them rest and recover...they just moved!! wouldn't you want to chill if you had just spent the day moving? :smoke:

4. once a clone is rooted there is no need for humidity or heat. if you are foliar feeding please read how to do this properly. these are comon problems with new clones. also remember gods gift can grow under extreme cold conditions and clones of GG need to be cooled 24/7 with low fans or room ac around 68 to 75 degrees. this is my Gods Gift, hydro flood, hps. this is her in week 11 just finishing. enjoy and good luck.
    Mack
    [​IMG]