Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help! Should I go get my paycheck?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gypsiesoul, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Okay so I walked out in the middle of my shift last week (not proud of it) and haven't gone back since. Clearly my job is done. The paychecks came out today and the guy who was the catalyst in my big blow out is currently working until 10pm. I don't wanna see him, but what's even more is I'm afraid of seeing the Manager because he is ex-military and big and scary. Should I just suck it up and go get my check, or wait until later tonight?

p.s. sorry if this is the wrong forum, where else could I post this?

2. Wait until later tonight if you can, then make a truly fucking spectacular scene if that asshole gives you shit

3. A little bit of the back story here is that there is this man who worked the shift before me and he majorly fucked up. He forgot to check a couple people into their rooms (I work at a hotel) and then left without telling me anything or finishing up his work so I started checking people in like normal. Turns out the first 3 rooms I put people in already had couples fucking in the rooms. Awkward. So I got left with an angry mob of customers and my manager was no help at all. Every time I called him he would hang up on me and when he finally came into the office 2 hours later, he reeked of alcohol. I was so fed up with this shit because I have to deal with this EVERY DAY. So I left him there, drunk, to deal with a crowd of about 15.

4. You did the right thing in that situation, it doesn't sound like even a somewhat enjoyable job anyway. If i were you i'd go in now collect that check and give everyone their respected "fuck you im never going to see you agains, thanks for the money."

5. Idk where I heard it so correct me if I'm wrong but they don't have to pay you if you quit. Which is why you put in two weeks notice or finish out the pay period. I don't know this for sure..never quit a job

6. I quit after the pay period ended so this is my check from 3 weeks ago, ya dig?

7. They still are required to pay you for hours worked. You do not qualify for unemployment if you quit. :smoke:

8. Yeah that makes sense ^

9. Yeah, I knew that. It's still a pretty sticky situation as to whether or not I got let go or I quit. He told me to go home, but that was already my plan. So was it technically a no call no show the next day? Or was I fired? I dunno.

10. Lol IDK where you heard that, but it's def wrong. They are required to pay you.

Unless, in a situation like my dad's, we were building a house, and the roofers did a really shitty job, and their boss agreed. My dad said he wouldn't pay them till they ripped it down and did it properly. I don't think we heard much from them again. Still have a shitty roof but it's fine :D

11. Fuck that just walk up in there get your check and dip, if your manager gives you shit just tell him that the only reason you left was because he hired dumbass employees who clearly don't know what the fuck they are doing and when you needed the manager he went AWOL, if he really is ex-military the AWOL part should really piss him off lol

12. Haha aiight thanks blades. I'm on my way to that hell hole right now!

13. [quote name='"Kush93"']Fuck that just walk up in there get your check and dip, if your manager gives you shit just tell him that the only reason you left was because he hired dumbass employees who clearly don't know what the fuck they are doing and when you needed the manager he went AWOL, if he really is ex-military the AWOL part should really piss him off lol[/quote]

Lmfao good one......OP goodluck getting your money, hopefully it'll.be quick.n easy. Hell they might even ask you to stay...but it never hurts to try unemployment, even if u did quite. Working with under the influence of managers? I'm sure you have a.case to work.with. :) you'll have to give us the low down of what happen...don't leave us hangin :smoke:

14. I went in and my coworker was there at the desk and he acted like absolutely nothing happened that night with fake "hello how are you's" and "it's so good to see you's". He withheld my check until the manager got there and then he had me sign a notice of termination for job abandonment. Fuuuuuuck. Oh well. I'll have another check coming to me next week for paid time off.

15. [quote name='"gypsiesoul"']I went in and my coworker was there at the desk and he acted like absolutely nothing happened that night with fake "hello how are you's" and "it's so good to see you's". He withheld my check until the manager got there and then he had me sign a notice of termination for job abandonment. Fuuuuuuck. Oh well. I'll have another check coming to me next week for paid time off.[/quote]

Lol those fake hellos Would of let me known I was getting fired :/

Oh Well,you'll get em next time. IME, girls can.get jobs easier than guys can...so hopefully you'll turn around and catch another gig soon, hotel hospitality is a good job, a lot of hotels hire and u get great perks. :)

16. Good jobs are getting harder and harder to find.

Hope you thought this one through man.

17. [quote name='"Ironic"']Good jobs are getting harder and harder to find.

Hope you thought this one through man.[/quote]

You have to be more out spoken now a days....great confidence and show ur skills immediately in the interview. Cuz thats ur only shot.

2 felonys and I still can.find.jobs....its all about what type of.game u.bring to them on ur first interview. You gotta stand out!

18. Yes, go get your fucking paycheck! The fuck kinda question is that? That's your livelihood dude, c'mon...........

19. It was really more of "what time" kinda thing. I already got it.

And yeah, I've never not gotten the job after an interview; they can't resist me :ey:

20. #20 DreamPCs, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
    :EDIT: I didn't realize the check was home when I posted this, sorry. I'm leaving it because I dunno lol. Anyway, how did they get you to sign the notice? What did they say?

[quote name='"gypsiesoul"']

Yeah, I knew that. It's still a pretty sticky situation as to whether or not I got let go or I quit. He told me to go home, but that was already my plan. So was it technically a no call no show the next day? Or was I fired? I dunno.[/quote]

In your case it would be your word against their's. He could easily say that he sent you home that day and you never came back.

Just go get your money. Not a word needs to be said. Just walk in, extend an open palm, get your check and walk out.