Help Shot Glass Challenge

Discussion in 'General' started by Smallplantgrower, Jun 25, 2014.

1. So I'm new to grass city and alread made a few post and queries but throughout my journey to read any useful or interesting content I came across the 'shot glass challenge' now I've found this really interesting and just wondering how would you grow and sustain a plant through its whole life cycle in a shot glass, is there anything special you need to do? (if so, what and how?)
    Also wouldn't the roots run out of room straight away, will these lead the plant to death or just make it unable to grow?
    Any help and input would be awesome (I've already searched around and I can't seem to find anything on it, just the actual challenge dates)

2. Also would fertilizer at this size pot/glass kill it

Sent from my C6603 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I know it's only been an hour but bump, I really want to know before this seed pops

4. tick tock, tick tock

5. .

6. Bump

7. There can only be one Colonel here..... :p

8. Aha dope picture

9. I've done an extensive amount of Research and figured out how to do it, I will attempt it myself and create a thread if there is success, or start now and have people follow along, if anyone wants to know how I can just right a Tutorial up, seems odd but I 100% know what to do now

10. OMG if I see pics of a plant flowering in a shot glass, I am gonna shit and think this is all one big fucking dream and then I'm gonna start freaking out. I don't even think a seed could germinate in a shot glass.

11. Well start shitting, it's been done before aha, the yield is only small like a few grams, but if you look around there's challenges with proof everywhere, just not tutorials, but I figured out how to do it, through root pruning and 12/12 cycle instantly, and also watering through a dropper so soil is only just moist

12. OMFG Life is not real!! This is all one big fucking dream! Inception! Inception!!!!

Attached Files:

13. Awesome isn't it aha. That's why I want to do it, for shits and gigs

14. Been looking into more and a few people have photos and said they've got a quarter off of one of these little set ups

15. #17 Old School Smoker, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    Well I truly tip my hat to growers that do it. I have killed plants during transplanting. My thumb is not that green beyond sticking a clone in a 5 gallon pot in the so cali sun and letting mother nature do it's thing.

Last year, I won the GC garage window growing contest. Click my sig for details.

16. I'm thinking about it but I wouldn't have a clue what light as I'm an outdoors guy as well, and how many watts/lumens it needs, I just know the cycle

17. Interesting ... It would be nice to see someone to try this method.

18. If you're an indoor person, you should give it a go, just use some bagseed