Help Sex

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by freedom45, Jan 22, 2009.

1. High All:smoke:

The start of week 3 12/12.They seem a little lanky,scraggly,compared to most pics i have seen on GC.I have been looking at them today to see if there are any balls, to me it looks like there is.:eek::eek::eek:

I removed a couple of big fan leaves yesterday from each plant.:eek:

Is it normal to have the roots coming out of the bottom of the pots. 3 gl pots (pic):confused:

WW clones
    400wt hps
    30-55%RH
    18-26c Temp
    Distilled water,org nutes
    fan

Feeding tomorrow with Jurasic bloom supliment

Any help would be appreciated

Attached Files:

2. #3 Leapfrog, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009

Removing fan leaves...bad move.

The large fan leaves have a definite function in the growth and development of cannabis. Large leaves serve as photosynthetic factories for the production of sugars and other necessary growth substances.

Regarding the roots...well it is normal to a certain extent if you are growing in pots too small for the plants growing potential. The larger the pot the bigger the plant. With smaller pots you are restricting the size of the plant.

On edit: Oh yeah and it's a girl!

3. #4 freedom45, Jan 22, 2009
    Thanks leapfrog:)

How bad did i fuck up with the fan leafs

My buckets are 3 gl,should I transplant to bigger buckets?

My girls look bad compared to alot of pics on GC

I read that sometimes clones can show both sexes.is this true?

4. #5 Leapfrog, Jan 22, 2009
    Pretty bad.
    That's probably why your plants look the way you are saying they do.
    (It looks OK IMO though.)

Yes you certainly can transplant but do NOT damage the existing rootball!!!

Well there are divided opinions on the clone hermie subject.
    IMHO if the clone came from a female it is going to stay female.

5. Thanks alot leapfrog,

I will get 5gl buckets tomorrow and transplant.

6. I am Pissed with myself for trimming the big leaves

I have put so much time and effort into growing these girls,only to fuck it up

I am 46 and have been smoking every day since i was 18,paying through the nose-waiting endless hours/days for dealers,some good some BAD,sometimes smokeing shit you can almost feel the tumor growing in your head its like smoking raw ferts.

I just had enough, So i decided to grow my own,premium organic smoke.

I was/am so excited about this.I am in and out of the room every few hours checking for growth.

I hope i didnt ruin them for good.

7. you didnt ruin them,
    Try tying the leaves back instead of picking them, then you can get the light to the lower areas.
    Welcome to the city my friend....
    Say good bye to the black market....:D

8. Thanks Bud

Glad i didnt ruin them.
    I thought by cutting them i would divert the energy to the buds.

And yes

Nothing but clean healthy buds from now on:D

9. NEVER trim the fan leaves unless you are making room for light to hit a crucial area of another plant.

I treat fan leaves like solar panels. You would never just throw one away. Also you'd never just throw a pile of hem out on the roof. You set them up so each one gets max. light.

--Chubbs

10. Nah don't bang your head about trimming those fan leaves. It will decrease the yield but likely won't kill them.

We all had to learn @ some point and that's what this forum is here for. :)

11. On the plus side, you've made me more informed for when I grow marijuana. :) Welcome to GC.

12. looks male

13. pic 1,3,6 are female cant tell about rest,you have plenty of leafs to keep your girls healthy dont abuse them anymore and they will be fine,they look healthy and its hard to judge your plants against others,different strains look considerably different,all you can do is keep them happy and healthy let the plant do the rest.

14. Thanks gettintall

15. Hey bro
    I was revaluting your plants and they look dam healthy,now transplanting does create some stress and its something you dont want to make a practice of in the flowering stage,but it can be done and i would recommend a method called double potting,what it basically means is your gonna repot into a bigger pot but not bury as deep as you normally would let her set high,maybee keep her 50-75mm above the top of pot,its a method I have tried and it helps,

16. I actually like the black market from my point of view. $ flow

17. Thanks gettintall

Thanks for reminding me of that,I read about that 12,000,000 words ago here on GC LOL

Is it ok to drill some more holes in the origional pots to let more roots through to the new soil?

18. Now your cooking,if you are going that route then I would just ring cut the bottom of that pot off and bury about a third deep in a 5gal pail,being in the 12/12 stage that would induce the least amount of stress.