*** Help Setting Up My New Grow Room ***

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by DankyKush1, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Hey guys,
    I used to have a pretty nice grow room but things turned south in the house I was growing in and I lost everything. Im looking to start a new grow in my new room. My new space is 36" L x 30" W x 62" T so I was thinking a grow tent with 2 plants with a 250w HPS system. Due to my current bank account my limit on my grow room is $500 with EVERYTHING ready to grow. Ive been looking on amazon for a good deal on a set up for hps, this system Hps system. Then for the space I was thinking this Grow Tent. The holes on this tent are 4" so id use this 4" Inline Fan W/ Carbon Filter this duct. Then id open one of the holes on the tent to allow air to flow through.

What do you guys think?
    Any additions or changes?

Thanks guys
    :smoke:

2. [quote name='"DankyKush1"']Hey guys,
    I used to have a pretty nice grow room but things turned south in the house I was growing in and I lost everything. Im looking to start a new grow in my new room. My new space is 36" L x 30" W x 62" T so I was thinking a grow tent with 2 plants with a 250w HPS system. Due to my current bank account my limit on my grow room is $500 with EVERYTHING ready to grow. Ive been looking on amazon for a good deal on a set up for hps, this system Hps system. Then for the space I was thinking this Grow Tent. The holes on this tent are 4" so id use this 4" Inline Fan W/ Carbon Filter this duct. Then id open one of the holes on the tent to allow air to flow through.

What do you guys think?
    Any additions or changes?

Thanks guys
    :smoke:[/quote]

In my opinion, your watts are a little low. You wont get a lot of lumen output with a 250. If I was you I wouldn't spend 200 dollars on a grow tent, make your own grow box. With those dimensions u can get out for under a $100 easily. Using a wood box also makes it easier to mount an exhaust fan and filter. I have a grow tent and the frame is a little too filmsy to be expected to hold a light, fan and filter. The tents are not perfectly light proof either, there is always some pin hole or two some where that need to be fixed. If u can manage the task and have the means to do it, I would recommend building your own grow box from scratch. Cut your own vent and power accessory holes to the exact size need and exactly where u want them. It might be an extra days work but it will truly help in the long run. I like my tent, but it wasn't worth the $400, it has its advantages but buiding your own is the way to go.

P.S.. you want 50 watts per sq. feet of your garden..your looks to be round about 9. 9x50 =450..I would go with a 600 and get big chunky nuggets!! More lumen is always better (as long as you have the plant strength a flower production to support big nuggz) than not enough..

Good luck to you

MatanuskaMATT

3. I was thinking of attaching the light and thinking now I don't need a carbon filter so ill get a cheaper fan to blow the air out and reduce the weight on the frame. I would build a box but I'm not telling my roommates I'm growing, the smells fine but I cant be drilling in the yard. As for the 600 watt that'd get way to hot for that size, I had a 400 watt with 3 plants and could keep the bulb 4 - 6" away getting a good yield. I think if I keep the 250 watt semi close I can keep the heat down and grow fat buds. Ill upgrade the bulb to a better brand to get more lums for the wattage.

4. Yea..if u r trying to be stealthty, go with the best tent u can buy..and you will need a filter cause it is going to stink otherwise..if u don't want to have a big exhaust fan than go with the 400 like u mentioned..good luck to u

5. Agree with Matt, 600w would be better, if not at least a 400w. I found illuma lights dot com to have cheap lighting systems. comes with HPS and MH bulbs and air cooled hood for 220$

Also yeah, you could build your own room with just some 2x4's or 2x2's and some screws. saves bank for sure.

I'd suggest selling some of your harvests to help build your room up to where you want it.