Help setting up grow room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by tokengator, Jul 20, 2012.

1. #1 tokengator, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
    I have spent a week going back and forth on how to set up a grow room and the lights to buy. I have a 6ftx4ft room 4 ft high that is outside. The top and sides can be removed in only a minute. I am in Florida and I know the days will be getting shorter soon. I have ordered my seeds (fem and some fem autos) that should be here any day. My plan is to run cfl's for a few hours on a timer and then remove the top and sides during the day to get actual sunlight. The amount of cfls is my main concern. Please help with any advise.

2. Advise?

Please paraphrase. This wall of text is too much for my drunken ass to fucking read!

lol

3. LMAO! I thought it was a bit much. It was intended to be short but then I kept adding things. Anyway, this is what I am going to try. It is a 6 ft x 6ft room and I will be running 16 100 watt, 5000, 1600 lumens bulbs in order to get my 24 hrs for germinating and vegging. Once I germ them though, I will run 12 hours of Florida sunshine split and 6 more hours on the lights to get my 18/6. And once I get to the flower stage it will be all sunshine except for rainy days which are very common here at this time with flowering bulbs. I wanted 6500k bulbs but cannot find them at Home Depot or our Lowes. Maybe at another location but I do not feel like dealing with that. Hopefully 5000 k will be enough. If you guys say it will not be then I will find a 6500k.