Help setting up coco drip system!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by dan2610, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Hey all im wanting a bit of help setting up a drip system for my 2.4 x 2.4 tent. I have 24 plants that are in 11L pots with coco.

I have tried one of these systems before but didn't have much luck, some got more water than others and couldnt get it dripping even! I am gonna be using 13mm ldp pipe with 4mm drip line. Could someone point me in the right direction for the pipe layout and also which drippers would be best?

Cheers guys!

2. #2 TheGreenLegend, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
    I use the rainbird drippers. Make sure you use A real manifold not just a bunch of T's connected together.

Hose from pump is 1/2" ID standard for fountain pumps and the inlet side of the manifold. Thats all I can think of. Oh yeah, the manifolds I use have 6 outputs so you need 4 of them. In this case you will need to interconnect 4 1/2" T's to supply the manifolds from the pump.

3. Thanks for the reply,

I never thought of using manifolds i think thats where i must have gone wrong before, i used tees and elbows to create a grid but for some reason never got it to drip even.

I am thinking of puttin 4 x m2 trays in the tent, would it be ok to run the manifolds inline down the center of the trays? And in this case would all the drip lines have to be the same lengh to get an even drip?

4. You can use a tee to supply the manifolds and no, the drip lines do not have to be the same length comming from the manifold. They will still feed evenly.

Sorry too so long to reply.