Help selecting a vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by .collegekid., Oct 31, 2013.

1. Hi all,
    So I live in an apartment on a college campus. None of my 3 roommates smoke, and one of them would probably call the cops if he could prove I was smoking. All of this greatly reduces my ability to smoke blunts, joints, and bowls so I am strongly considering buying a vaporizer due to the fact I have heard they greatly reduce odor.

So from what I have read all vaporizers are different and each one suits a particular need.

My main desires from a vaporizer: little to no odor, discreet, portable, reliable, It must vaporize flowers ( I assume this is only a problem with pens, but I am not sure)
    If all those things are met I would prefer a vaporizer that utilizes convection as I have heard that is a much purer and satisfying vaping experience.
    Also, I don't wan't to murder my wallet.

I have been considering the MFLB, but I don't think it uses convection.
    Also, the pax was appealing at first glance, but I am turned off after reading opinions of those who seem very experienced with vaping. Also, i know the pax does not use convection.

If anyone could give recommendations for my situation it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. #2 Yosh139, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013

Neither the Pax nor MFLB uses convection. With that being said, conduction creates the lowest vapor production and therefore it's less odor produced. I've hit my MFLB in public restrooms. You get more odor with the Pax. But with that also being said, you can get a good convection vaporizer (like the Solo, the Ascent is so flashy that it would draw attention to itself) and get a smoke buddy and have reduced smell just like the MFLB.

Here's a smoke buddy, here's a good seller for the Solo on eBay. Or black here.

Also, check out the Ascent, the Inhalater XP, the Pinnacle Pro, the Firewood.

By the way, I linked names of the vaporizers I thought you'd like.

3. Is there even a fully convection portable yet? If there is then I dont know about it. I do know it takes significantly more power to create convection heat than conduction heat. 

No matter what I wouldnt just rely on the vape its self to be odorless. Be proactive if you are in a situation like that. Use a sploof or a smoke buddy. Make sure you keep windows open while vaping. Use some kind of incense or deodorizer. 

4. I just bought a Pinnacle Pro, I also got the water pipe attachment. I paid $249 flat for it all together.... It's my first vaporizer, never used one before. I just want to know I made a good, perfect discussion! I got it so that I would get more from my flowers and enjoy more solo session. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1384363405.242634.jpg

Isn't the arizer solo convection and portable?

6. I have am Atmos Raw and a Da Vinci 2013, for the love of god never ever buy the Atmos if you're just looking to vape flower. The Da Vinci is pretty perfect though, I do it inside frequently and I'm the only one who smokes. Not a single person has even questioned it yet!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

It uses conduction and convection. 

What about the Hammer?

8. I completely forgot about the hammer. Been a while since I used one, my friend who had one somehow lost it . I do believe it is fully convection. 

That is a vape that really needs more attention around here. I dont recommend it much because it seems like most people dont want to use butane, but for portables it is one of the best hitting that I have tried. One of the tastiest portables for sure. 

9. So is the Lotus.

10. Atmos is awesome for concentrates. One of the only vape pens that truly allows you to taste what your smoking.

The G pen with the glass essential oil tank is also very good. Make sure not to use the crappy atomizer that comes with it. Although, for oily viscosity it's fine. You can also buy a g coil attachment that works kind of like the atmos.

All of the micros in my opinion suck! They hit like mike Tyson but if you truly love the taste....atmos ...& yes atmos + flowers= taste like burnt toast!!!!

Good luck & happy vaping!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Look into the Thermovape

Both of which burn clean right? The lotus uses a butane torch and the Hammer has an internal torch.

13. Don't know about the Hammer, Yosh, but the guys over at FC are always talkin' about how great tasting the Lotus is.

I really wanna try the Lotus, it looks like it's a great portable vape.

Yup, and the fact that you can hit it through a bong is a nice plus.

16. Hey guys I'm interested in buying a vape and I want something portable with 18 GonG being a reliable device. Fuck making my own thread that's clutter.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I just got a Solo a week ago, It is more impressive than I thought it was going to be, vaping on 4 gets some big clouds out of this thing. Battery life is good, its really solid. I have the arizer extreme Q, don't need it now that I have the solo... the vapor quality from the solo seems just as good, good vape.