Help Seeds!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by timmy, Oct 10, 2004.

1. alright i have had my seeds in the tupperware container for like 5 days now with no sign of life whatsoever. i have 5 in there and it is wet and everything. all that happened is they got a little darker. when are they gonna do somthing? did i do somthing incredibly wrong? i have 7 more seeds to use and i could get more. should i try putting them in water and see which ones float and sink?instead of doing the germinating thing? HELP PLEASE! i finally got seeds and i just want them to grow up!

2. Here I just typed this up for someone (take in mind i'm blazed so some parts might have sp and what not)

Step 1- GERMENATION
    Though you already seem to have this done gonna explain it anyway. There are alot of methods out there and the good old Search button is key, but I like the paper towel method over the glass of water method (lack of oxygen being the reason). I'd take a bowl(anything can be use this is just what i used) put around 5 layers of paper towel in there and add enough water so that when you tip the bowl around you can just see a little bit of water moving. then place your seeds on top of the paper towel and at 1 more layer of paper towel (wet this layer unilt it is pretty much see threw and u can see the seeds). Now cover the bowl with saran wrap (cling film) or put it in a big zip lock bag and put it in a nice warm dark place (to help with the dark part i just put a plate over the top of the bowl). BTW a good place is on top of your computer case (nice and warn, usually dark) just don't knock it over. Leave it for a good 12 hours and then check on it, don't be worried if you don't see a tap root they can take any where from 12 hours to 2 days to appear. When you see the tap root make sure you have ur soil mix and what not ready. When to plant them (based on length of tap root) varies alot. Some people say 1/16 of and inch some say wait till it's an inch. I tried both on my first grow and they are both about equal so don't worry to much.

3. i had the seeds just at room temperature but today i moved them to on top of my tv. and i added some more water. how much longer should i wait?

4. 5 days is already too long imo.. check my link I have posted for a very easy and usually 100% germination rate.. peace

-spliff

5. If u've been waiting 5 days and nothing and just tried the method above, try out splifsters method..but i'd pretty much say those seeds are now shot:( ...Try out one of the other next time and better luck to ya then man

6. dang man. thats a super bummer. i'll see if anything changes by tomorrow and if not then im still gonna plant em while i germinate my other 7. maybe i'll get lucky? im gonna do the sponge thing. im gonna have some words with the guy i bought the seeds from cuz i did everything right and none of them germinated. thanks for all the help!