help seeds wont germ

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jakey20, Nov 3, 2006.

1. hi i bought some KC Brains 33 seeds a week ago and i germed half in water for 48 hours and half in the paper towel method for 48 hours and nothing happened so i put all of em in the paper towels and its been sence friday and nothing has happened. am i doing something wrong or is it just bad seeds. and another question is what is a good cheap strain for indoors that i can buy that will have a good germ rate. im looking for something that is a good high nothing that will lock me on the couch. thanks

2. High jake! Whats your temps? should stay as constant as possible(86F). 48 hrs in water is too long as well. 8-24 would be more appropriate. most indoor strains are of the "couch lock variety" unless you do the training thing. Im growin Satori from Mandala Seeds now, its my first sativa dominate strain. Ill have a smoke report on that in a couple weeks. They were real cheap, $24 and 100% germ rate. Peace, TBug

3. ok i'll try that next time i buy seeds. how did the hashberry come out? if its finished i havent checked your grow in a while but they did look nice when i saw them. i was going to buy hashberry or satori im not sure which from mandala and either was going to buy a nirvana strain i saw KC brains on docs site first and they were cheap didnt do any research and was like sweet but then after i ordered i saw mandala and nirvana were cheap also. i guess i dont relaly care about the couch lock thing relaly but i want to be kinda active. not dissin the doc he is awesome just dissin the strain. thanks for your post and hope to hear about how satori went. peace

4. Hey, im a newbie grower and had my first seed germ jus 2day. Anyways, my seeds were having trouble germinating 2, the first batch of 3 seeds, i did 12 hr water, then 48 hr papertowel, i put those in pots after incase they do actualy germ, but i tried again with just 1 seed but i sanded the seed a little and did the exact same thing, it took less than 24hr to germ and now its in a plastic covered pot =) (wish me luck).

So anyways i think sanding the seed gently really seemed to have helped. anyways good luck with your grow =), take it eZz.:D

5. I have experimented with germing a couple different ways, and I found that throwing the seed directly in the soil in the best way... no paper towel or water. Just wet the soil before you put the seed in, throw it in, and cover with plastic til it sprouts. 100% when i do it this way