HELP! seeds not germinating

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 24/7homegrown, Jun 25, 2008.

1. hi i am attempting my 1st grow i have got 5 feminized the church seeds currently in a tupaware container with paper towels in they are been kept in my draw which is not hot.

It has been nearly a week 2moz and there seems to be no change in them except the seeds have got darker.

i would much aprecciate any opinions on what i may be doing wrong or what i can do to make them germinate

2. Its been nearly a week 2moz? what does that mean?
    They shouldv sprouted at one week.
    How do the seeds look? White? Flat? Immature?
    Have you kept the paper towels moist?
    They need to be in a warm area like on top of a fridge or running appliance.

3. the seeds have been ontop of my chest freezer i have spooned filtered water as they started to dry up.

By 2moz i mean tommorow they will be 1 week old, the seeds are dark and very rounded still
    and dark borwn

4. Well make sure its staying wet, and in a warm location, thats about all I can recommend.
    If your new to germination, i would stick as close as possible to the germination 420 thread.

5. thank you and that is what i followed lol

6. I have found that when I have a problem germing seeds, it is because I did not get it warm enough. I remember one time I got so annoyed I put em' in a plastic bag in moist paper towels and placed them on top of a baseboard heater; then they all popped.It sounds like you're doing everything right, top of a chest freezer should be warm enough but maybe try somewhere even warmer if you can, I have always found that makes the difference for me.

7. thanj u very much i will try put them onto of my radiator 4the night!

8. wow +++++++++++REP thank you i put on radiator for a couple of hours last night and then put under my pillow lol 5 out of the 5 are sprouting.

i am amazed that it was just lack of heat why the seeds wasnt germing i was afraid because people stress the point not get them 2 hot and believe me they was hot when i removed from the raditor thanks again.

what should i do next i have some root riot cubes and jiffy 7's how far shud i put the ones that have sprouted in the cubes or pellets?

9. Not a problem man, I really enjoy helping people grow tha wicked herb. I know its funny isn't it how one little detail can make such a big difference...

Put the seed tap root (little white thingy) pointing down in the pellets about a 1/2 inch deep. Moisten them up nicely and direct your light source over them for 24/7 (no dark period) until they sprout. The key here is to keep humidity high (70-80%), temps high (80-85 F), and the pellets always moist.

Once they sprout (probably around 3 days or so) keep misting them 2-3 times a day. You have to do this cause the roots are too undeveloped, the only way the little seedling can take in its much need H2O is through the foliage.

Good luck brotha...