HELP! Seedlings in danger!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lacrosse420, Dec 15, 2007.

1. hey guys my seedlings have just tipped over.. their stems are too weak to hold up the leaves and i cant put a fan on them to make the stems stronger so now i have them tied to toothpicks is there any better way to do this?

2. what kind of light do you have on these plants... cause it sounds to me like they are getting top heavy due to stretching

i suggest you leave them on the toothpicks or sticks... but every day you should remove the support and play with the stem a little to help the stem strengthen and help energy flow

hope this helps:smoke:

3. thanks man ya im usin cfls and they are stretching alot but i cant get the lights any closer they are under a foot away from the lights tho

4. hey take the little seedlings out of the dirt,,dig the hole deeper and put the plant back and it will lower stem length..works for me everytime...and get lights like 2-3-4 inches away

5. yeah, if they're tipping over then they're def streched. Get the lights closer and do what strom said.

6. i tried digging a hole deeper for one but idk it jus idk lol i put a 43w cfl in there too sooo they should b ok now i think

7. how many plants do you have?

8. uh 7 now 4 died

9. CFLs a foot away from your plants?
    No wonder the plants are stretching!
    A distance of 1 or 2 inch is optimal.

10. oh wow well like i said 4 of them died but i put a 43 watter in and they are growing away from the tooth picks but ive got one plant thats growing at 2 right angles... like 2 L's its wierd!

11. google "damping off"

what's the media (is there a lot of peat in it) and how wet do you keep it?
    do you use bottom heat (heat pads)?

prob too late to save them all, but you could try watering some fungicide into the media.

12. if u cant lower the cfls...raise the plants;)..get 2 it..(school books 2 by 4's..etc)