Help Seed starter plug

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Triple6Greens, Feb 8, 2016.

1. #1 Triple6Greens, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
    another question guys.
    I'm using seed starter plugs. And and right now I have 4 seeds going and only one has sprouted above the soil which has me worried.
    Is it possible I pushed the seeds to far into the plugs ? If so I was thinking of cutting open the pluggs and putting them into new plugs.
    I planted them on Saturday at 5pm
    Another thing is maybe this one is just a male and growing way faster then the other 3.
    Or I'm just a nervous person.
    What would you guys do

2. Relax, seeds can take up too 3 to 7 days to come out.

3. You really should give them all an adequate amount of time to sprout before you have a freak out. As Trichuk said, it can take several days for the seeds to sprout. Next time, don't bother with those plugs. I hate the things. Sprout them on a damp paper towel and plant them into good soil (if you're using soil) in Solo cups. TWW

4. ok I think it was me. The other 3 are started to come up and day hello

5. #5 Triple6Greens, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
    update.
    So another has sprouted but it seemed to be stuck in the hole . So I literary ripped off the top part where it looked stuck.
    The other 2 that not sprout I decided to investigate so I ripped opened the other two.
    And I found that both have cracked and the tap root is starting to come out. So took booth of them out and placed them in New plugs but I made sure to drop them in root down
    update.
    So another has sprouted but it seemed to be stuck in the hole . So I literary ripped off the top part where it looked stuck.
    The other 2 that not sprout I decided to investigate so I ripped opened the other two.
    And I found that both have cracked and the tap root is starting to come out. So took booth of them out and placed them in New plugs but I made sure to drop them in root down

Temps low 80s
    Humidity is 45-50%

Attached Files:

6. Lol your like me have noobxiety when mind were just starting to pop.. Try and not to focus to much on growth of the seedling and just monitor your temps you should be fine it's slow going at first

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. man I am stressing. I need to leave them alone and do their thing.
    I'm a nervous parent ok

8. You're not alone bro but these babies are just that.. Less is more try not to touch em or water them to much were pretty close on days I just started mind as well and I feel like I got to check on em every couple hours but I just monitor the temps make sure that's good..

9. I bet I get home today and they are starting to sprout ... I'm just Being over nervous

10. Here are mine [​IMG] you see those yellow spots that's from overwatering lol my noobxiety at its best [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. alright I checked on the seeds again and the root has not grown any. So I said Fuck the plugs I put them all in plastic cups with happy frog.
    The 2 that sprouted already I carefully took apart the plug till I found the roots and put them in the cups with no wrap on top
    I took the two seeds and did the same thing. Except I put wrap over the top of them
    They are all in the dome so the two sprouts are good. It's the seeds I'm stessing about.

The one that sprouted first had a very small root. Like it stopped growing....

The 2nd that sprouted had a root through the bottom! I think this one will make it

The 2 seeds just had a small root poking threw the crack and it hasn't grow for almost 2 days now.
    I'm hoping I can save the seeds

Attached Files: