Help save my very sick girls, pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by hobartt, Jan 22, 2009.

1. #1 hobartt, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
    What type of medium; soil
    What brand and type of soil? Organic mix from Pricechopper
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Northern Lights
    How old are the plants? Month and a half
    What type of lights and how many watts? Cfl, around 200 watts
    How far from the lights? Atleast 3 inches
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Fox farm grow big, last fed last week
    What is the medium/runoff pH? below 6.2
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? Not sure but temperatures don't exceed over 80 degrees
    What size pots? 1.5 - 2 gallon
    Any bugs? No

Ok, here's the deal, I've been growing these 2 girls for about a month and a half now give or take a week and up until around a week and a half ago they were looking great. At first it started small, it only affected the plant on the right, which first started off with a bit yellowing of the leaves which led me to beleive it was a nitrogen deficiency. So, what I do is I go out and buy some fox farm grow big and apply. This was my first time giving them nutes ever so I wanted to give them a high strength feeding. I put in 1 teaspoon to 1 gallon of water to both the girls which I realise now is too much but nevertheless I did it.

Now after the first feeding of nutes the next day or so it looked like they took kindly to it and the one affected girl looked like she was getting better because there was no new yellowing and the other girl had quite the growth spurt from the first feeding. So a few days go by and I mix up another batch of nuted water but this time I only put in half a teaspoon to a gallon of water and applied it to both plants. Now this is where I beleive it went all downhill because after the second watering with nutes is when I really came across problems. The girls began to show signs of nutrient burn so what I do is flush. I flushed with about 2 gallons per pot which I know isn't enough but it was all the water I had at the moment.

So fast foward 3 more days when I go up to check on them again and water them I am met with quite the surprise. The flush that I applied just the prior watering seemed not to have affected the problem whatsoever because the plants got much worse. Now both plants are completely affected and getting worse at a progessively quickened pace. Now after seeing that the last flush didn't do much I thought it was just because I didn't apply enough water to the plants during the flush so I go out and buy 8 gallons of water and I flushed both plants with 4 gallons of bottled water each. Now it's been 2 days since I last flushed them and I went to check up on them again today and it doesn't look like they're making any progress towards recovery. Although they don't seem to be getting affected at such an alarming rate as before but they still are not up to par.

The pictures below are of the most recent pictures I took earlier today jan 22. The pictures are a bit blurry due to me using my cell phone but what's happening is that the leaves especially the bigger leaves are extremely drying out, curling, and turning a darker color before dying off I'm thinking mabye phosphorous deficiency? In the first picture it also looks like mabye more nutrient burn which is what baffles me because I've flushed them one and a half times within the last week and a half and I havn't added any nutes in at least a week. Other leaves seem to be turning yellow with brown spots scattered about them before dying off. They also seem to have stunted growth as they havn't grown much at all in the last week.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      10.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      12.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      11.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      11.4 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      11.8 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      12.9 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      12.4 KB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      12.6 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      11.3 KB
      Views:
  2. You flushed a 2 gallon pot with 8 gallons of water, and haven't added any nutes since?

I'd give them a miild nutrient solution now. That yellowing off and brown spots leads me to believe underfertilized. I'd like to think a slight ph issue, but 6.2 is pretty damn close to good.... Try giving them some nutes now, low dose.

3. I flushed both the pots with 8 gallons so 4 gallons each but I will definitely give them a mild dosage of nutes the next watering I give them, thanks for the suggestion.