Help Roor 7mm or Illadelph 9mm Beaker

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by FluxLiner, Aug 7, 2015.

1. The cost doesn't matter
    I want 9mm Schott for the extra durability.
    I have my eyes on a Roor Lil Sista 7mm beaker
    I also have my eyes on a Illadelph 9mm beaker
    I have a crazy cat that is going to knock this over at some point
    I can get the roor right away, but I will have to wait on the Illadelph 9mm.
    Ive read online about the new Illadelphs labels wearing off & other label issues on the new ones with the crest & all.
    I really really don't wanna bust $700 on the 9mm & have the label fade & always regret not buying a roor.
    Please help

2. Is there any way you can make your own decision since this IS a pipe you'll be using? I'm not sure why people come here asking, "What should I buy?" There's not much anyone else can tell you about what YOU like...

Sorry, you're not the only one who does this. It's happens about once every two or three days, but it's really getting annoying with people who are unwilling to make their own decision.

3. Its a question of durability. Its also a question about the new labeling ( maybe someone got the new batch)
    Not what I like, don't get all full of yourself up on your high horse. Go troll somewhere else

4. #4 dankness420, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2015
    Question of durability? Then the 9mm obviously. But honestly just get which ever one you like. Fuck just buy both if money isn't an issue.

Also you need to look up the definition of troll.

5. Whatever the thickness if you drop on the wrong angle your pretty much screwed i believe. 7mm is thick enough IMO

6. #6 sg_reality_sucks, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2015
    That thickness bullshit is a gimmick. Function is what matters. My opinion though. Glass not handled correctly or not being respected is what kills them. I did once have a 9mm left coast tube. Heavy as shit with water in it and a hit on the bathtub edge during cleaning left a nice big crack up the beaker. But if thickness is your deciding factor than get whatever "glass" you feel is stronger. Happy blazing and good luck with finding a tube you want

7. Ya I agree. Ive pre ordered the 9mm already. we will see when it comes.

8. i wouldnt of gotten an illy, they have recently shown their hand as a pretty shitty company. plus german RooRs or just generally viewed as better made and more respected

9. I was under the impression that the illy beakers are 7mm glass with 9mm reinforced joints?

In terms of durability, they're almost identical. US glass vs German engineering is a contest that has no losers lol.

Regardless, I'd probably go ROOR. I own pieces from both and the ROOR is my daily driver.