Help Ridiculous Wilting And Droop

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Secret Jardin, Sep 17, 2014.

1. #1 Secret Jardin, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    I have this problem every time during the beginnings of Veg, the girls are doing great then just wilt, they perk up when lights are off but droop agin after awhile,

Ph is 5.8 around 800ppm. Air temp is 69F and does not rise above 75F under 600W mh. Humidity is 75%-80% i am seeing deficiencies in one of the 3. The strains are 1 StraberryBlue and 2 Blue Dream.

Attached Files:

2. Nutrient level I would say is too high bro I am fairly new to growing but I've done enough research on feeding plants and the amount of nutrient they actually need to grow optimally.....with a Ppm that high and those plants are that young your gonna run into problems some might get away with it but truth is they shouldn't have that much feed being pump through them

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Humidity is very high also put some fan on them and around...circulate that air exhaust some out....

4. I was gonna say high humidity to. Keeping it damp all the time is never good for lots of reasons. Also like the others said looks a little like nutrient burn as well. I'd kick the humidity back to 50% and flush some fresh water through the plant a few days before feeding and cut back on those nutes a bit and see if anything changes

5. There is plenty of air flow. 3 clip fans and an 8inch duct booster for intake. They are in a tent with an exaust centrifugal fan a top

6. :confused_2: is that all hydroton :laughing: :laughing:

7. Yes. I just started hand watering to flush. I was thinking nute burn but only one is showing the spots and yellowing. They are all in the same water from res.

What sould be a good ppm for week3 of veg? I was told 700ppm first week so i figuerd 800 at week 3 wouldn't be so bad?

8. No. They are rooted in a large rockwool block and hydroton

9. Lowered Humidity. Im flushing by hand with RO/Carbon Filtered water. They have started to perk up. How long should i continue the flush? What PPM should i have started with at week 1 and what would be proper PPM now during week 3?

I am using RO water, DynaGro, CaliMagic & Humboldts GoldenTree for nutrients

10. Ppmz way too high

11. This is getting on my nerves they pegin to perk up and appear to be making fast recovery but when under the MH they begin to whilt agin, wtf? The temps are only 74F at the hottest time of the day.....

12. #14 rootswoman202, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    Hows does the ppm and Ph levels look ??? Also what's the temp of your water

13. At the moment i am just flushing with RO water, by hand, its about 68F im gona lower lights to 50% on the ballast and not water for a little bit and see how that goes, should i add CaliMagic to the RO water when flushing? Maybe its stripping what nutes are left in the hydroton/ roots? My ppm was too high as you said previously and that's the prob, i just need to get them recovered and then start wth proper ppm

14. Ive no watered since last night, came home today and they are perking rite back up, im going to assume this was a case of over fertilization and over watering altho the latter is counter intuitive with a hydroponic setup, but whatever works is fine by me as long as they are healthy, im gonna lower ppms way down and wate another 24hrs before attempting to water, any thoughts

Attached Files:

15. #18 Pot Professor Paul, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    What exactly is ur media I see fabric pots r u in 100% clay pebbles?u had a calcium problem. The spots calcium deficiency. U may not be watering enough with clay pebbles they dry out fairly quickly. If truly wilted then under watered if frowning over watered. Ur not too high with ppm if u built up to it but in veg typical ppm range 600-1000 ppm. 5.5ph if 100% pebbles. U may try watering slower and more often the fabric pot dries out pebbles fast! I run top feed drip 3 gallon net pots 15 minutes on 30 minutes off 24\\7 something to think about

16. #19 Secret Jardin, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    They are rooted in a large rockwool block then put into hydroton filled smart pots

Attached Files:

17. Look at pic of under watered cannabis. Does ur plant look same better worse? Now look at pic of over watered cannabis...which is it? Only u can tell. How big is cube? Small big how much pebbles did it take to fill pots? 50 liter bag? I'm guessing 4 or 6 inch cube u need to water every 6 hours minimum
    Fabric pots are not smart pots