Help Required

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ParanormalSmoke, Aug 27, 2013.

1. my friend and I are planning of growing, in a way I'm the brain (I did the most research on growing) and he's the brawn (he's got the opportunity), now we'll have a line of questions, and more shall arise as time goes on, First, how much and how often do you water, and whats the best way to water e.g misting the leaves, or putting a straw with a water bottle attached (like a DIY Aqua Globe) to the end of it into the soil and letting it be, how to tell if a plant is infested with pests, how to deal with them DIY style, also my friend says his soil is ideal (he says that because he lives on a animal farm the soil has lots of fertilizing from the geese) however I worried the soil could either be toxic or make bad buds (e.g like buds that give you a headache), should I use some soil from the swampy area in MY backyard, thank you for aiding in our troubles, Peace

2. If your the brains you guys are fucked. Keep reading.

3. ParanormalSmoke,

I know you don't realize it, but we get a TON of people getting on these forums basically asking for us to explain to them everything they need to know about growing in a single forum post.   We're here to help, but we have to see some evidence that you've helped yourself first.   I've spent most of my life learning to grow, and I still research every day.  

There are so many different ways to grow, you'd be amazed.  Each has its purpose, and some methods are better for some people than others.   Every person has unique requirements, and you have to do some research to learn what these requirements are for you.  

It's not fair for a new person to show up here and ask us to regurgitate all the information we've spent a lifetime accumulating.   Instead, we expect that you come to us with some more specific questions.   Please start by reading all the sticky threads on these forums.

4. sorry if I came off as a dick, or seemed full of myself, I'm not the smartest person in the world but I know more than my friend, e.g he didn't know Cannabis was ever legal and he thought you smoked the stems and leaves, unless he's troling me, well then if thats so... usandthem your right, we're fucked... the reason I have posted so many questions is I figured I could just get em all in one shot, I guess the main most important question is is his soil safe, or is it toxic to the plant or us, if you have the answer to any of the questions, if it isn't much to trouble I would love to get the info, again sorry if I offended anyone somehow, or came off like I was demanding info
    oh and I've been researching Marijuana for the past year or so and got sick of the high (no pun intended) prices, so I decided to grow, my friend offered to grow for me, not all the answers on the web fit me (as they usually fit people who have grow shops or head shops near them, I don't nor does my friend) or didn't actually answer the question properly, or in language that I can understand, maybe I'm just stupid or reading them wrong, I'll read some more pages, what do you think the likleyness of a page asking if goose shit is toxic to weed, not likely.
    Peace.

5. I believe that goose shit would be good for plants, especially during veg. You want the shit that's been lying around for a while, not straight from the gooses ass. It would be too hot.

6. Ok, thank you, he said whenever they grow flowers in they're yard they grow like crazy, but my only concern is that they've never grown something to consume, wouldn't it be toxic, cause I don't know about you but I wouldn't smoke it with shit on it, I'm a smudge concerned of smoking it with shit IN it :)

7. dude, after i sprouted 12 beans and gave a few to a friend to grow in his garden, i transplanted them to my garden.. watered regulary

and THEN I SEARCHED THE YEARS AND YEARS AND DOZENS OF THREADS

and i took notes and guess what? now im a fucking expert n00b

8. Start with a basic controlled enviroment..picture it like a science experiment and every unknown factor you add just raises the risk of failure..get a 400w hps..some well known soil, ro water, a ph/ec meter, and basic nutes like the lucas formula or whatever and go from there..sick with things that tons of people have used with success not what you can rustle up from walmart or the swamp out back

9. I wouldn't use that goose manure unless it was properly composted first. There's a real good chance that it's carrying pathogens, like E. coli.

10. ok, I'll tell him to use some other soil, from the forested area behind his house