Help refilling Vector Nitro

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by camram, Aug 12, 2012.

1. I used the instructions on the Vector butane can and it said hold it for 15-20 seconds but that got me around 2 dabs and it kind of sprays in all directions..

I found the Vector box and saw they recommend a pumping action, so this time did the 15 second hold and like 15 pumps. I found the pumping kind of reduces the squirting of butane but how many pumps for an empty torch?

2. [quote name='"camram"']I used the instructions on the Vector butane can and it said hold it for 15-20 seconds but that got me around 2 dabs and it kind of sprays in all directions..

I found the Vector box and saw they recommend a pumping action, so this time did the 15 second hold and like 15 pumps. I found the pumping kind of reduces the squirting of butane but how many pumps for an empty torch?[/quote]

This is what I recommend....

First empty your torch completely. Use a small screwdriver and let all the butane out by pushing down on the refill nozzle. Point it away from your face.

Next refill it. Press and hold it upside down, as well as the can of butane. Hold until its full. It will spray little spurts out and sound different when it's full

Let it sit, needs to warm to room temperature (5-10min).

You're done. It should last for at least 30 dabs if not more. Never really payed attention really... But I fill mine up once a week, and I dab about 6 times a day).

Hope this helps

3. I've pretty much done all this except hold it down until it sprayed that it was full. Is the refill process supposed to be so messy?

4. No. Its not messy at all. Maybe a few drops might scatter here or there. If there is a lot coming out its full.