HELP!! rain keeps killing my plants!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by anthonypclark, Jun 28, 2011.

1. hey everybody, i live in SW florida and decided to grow guerrilla(woods) and started my plants off in my backyard. everytime it rained heavy i bring them in and when they got about a foot tall i moved them to the grow spot in the woods. after a heavy rain i went back to check on them and it wiped them all out.
    so i replanted and waited to they were well over a foot(about 2 months) and they were very thick and hardy and very healthy and i moved them to the grow spot again. first heavy rain i go to check on them and WTF!!! they all dead again, a few survived but they're on their sides and ALOT of the branches broke off. i assure you, these were not weak plants, they were VERY thick and stout and lush, i took care of them perfectly and they were amazing, growing in 5 gallon buckets.
    when i voiced my concern about heavy florida rains everyone said "oh that wont effect those plants, they're too big & strong, it'll be good for em" yet they're all dead. can someone please help me, how can i every get started off if everytime it storms my plants get wiped out? anyone else have this problem, is it just these crazy florida storms, should i let them get even bigger before moving them? as is, i already let them grow 2-3 months before moving them, any longer and they'll be ready to bud. please help

2. probably overwatered, they are probably getting way to much water mj plants dont like to have wet soil all the time it likes it to dry out first and with heavy rain that wont happen, try growing inside if possible

3. Dude instead of planting them in the ground, go to a local hardware store and buy a few 5gal buckets, make sure to put a ton of drainage holes in it!

Here in south texas, we pray for ran man, havent hardly any since january!

Good Luck on your grow maaan

4. good news, about half of the plants stood back up and look fine, but it stormed again today so ill have to check again tomarrow.
    im actually growing in 5 gallon buckets, not in the ground. and yeah they are definitely overwatered, it has rained, no stormed for the last 8-9 days here, but what can i do? i cant grow at my house. will they be able to handle the rain when they get bigger? man growing in the woods is hard work.