Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help. Question we can all learn from.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by tate_woody, Nov 2, 2013.

1. So I found this list that shows the temperatures at which the cannabinoids will activate: ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383415022.890660.jpg

I know that putting the flame to your bud destroys the thc and other cannabinoids but once the cherry starts, the heat from the burning weed and the weed that's burning is producing enough heat to activate the thc sitting underneath it (in a bowl)

What I am wondering is once the cherry starts, are you also inhaling other cannabinoids or are they not being activated because of lack of heat or are they being destroyed because of to much heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. This is just conjectuve but I think when you light up a bowl you burn up the plant matter so quickly that you only get a fraction of the other cannabinoids and mostly get THC because its the dominiant chemical in the plant, but when you vaporizer you get more time to convert all those extra cannabinoids into vapor, which is why vape sessions last so long and the high can be so different compared to combustion methods.

Judging from that list I feel like resin is mostly CBD/CBN/CBG because of the higher flash point needed.

3. when you have a cherry going, the weed is combusting, with or without direct flame, that bud is on fire. you are getting everything. 

4. the idea of a vape is to heat the bud up only enough to get the thc

5. Explain combusting with or without flame?

6. weather you are putting the lighter on it or not/ weather you actually see the weed on fire; if it is cherried, i.e constantly burning, it is combusting

7. That's not true. The point is to heat it up to get as many cannabinoids out without burning, not just thc

Drugs are bad, mkay?

8. ok yeah or technically the idea is to do either of those that's why they have temp controls.

9. But when the flame is directly on the flame, those cannabinoids are wing destroyed right?

10. The heat of the average bic lighter will be too hot and cause cannabinoids to burst, but when it is cherried, all cannabinoids are activated because the bud is on fire?

11. I don't know about you but I just burn the shit and smoke it.

12. #12 iJetLife, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
    Where did you find these temperatures? They don't seem legit.

Since the first one is wrong already, I believe THCv's flash point is 220 degrees Celcius.
    A study showed that 226 degrees Celcius is the best temperature to smoke weed at (vape). Because combustion starts at 230, and all cannabinoids are below 226. The average heat of a lighter-flame is 1500-2000 degrees Celcius.

13. Weather the bud is directly on fire or not, burning cannabis just isn't an efficient way to smoke. as you said it is too hot and the cannabanoids burst and you are only getting something like 30% of the thc you theoretically could get from that nugg. But when you burn it you are getting other yummy chemicals too, like butane. so even though a vape gets you something like 95% of the thc some people still prefer burning more. 

14. Yummy chemicals such as cbd, cbn, etc

15. no i was being sarcastic I was talking about all the other shit like tar and the butane from the lighter