help!?! power outage issues in seattle, need advise...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shrumEshroom, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Sooo, a quick breakdown... power was a little haywire and cut out during lights on only to have the shiite kick on in what should have been lights off only to kick back off... I moved them out to the living room where light was low but way better than the tent... temps dropped but my small fire (meager wood supplies) probably low 50's... now the questions 1. Will that amount of light fluctuation cause my babies to hermie or will they most likely be fine? 2. What about the temp changes, will that added stress push them over the edge? 3. They do look a little frostier... would dropping temps at certain times be a good idea going forward? 4.Oh yea, one more thing: should I put them back on their normal 8pm on 8am off schedule or adjust it for when they went back under hps (14 plants, 3rd week flower and normally live in a 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 tent under 2000 watts) thanks in advance for any help...

2. They should be fine as far as messed up light schedule, and cold temps. Just don't let it happen often. Just go back to regular schedule as soon as possible. When in flower more dark is better than more light if there is a problem. If you lower temps toward the end of flower you can pull out her true colors. Kind of like a tree changing colors in fall. Some strains get really nice color to them. Don't go below 60 I would say though. Maybe 55 to really get some color, but that may be too low. Good luck with the power. Power outages are a growers nightmare.

3. No shit, power outtages suck!! hope ur right... Not much I can do now so ill just hafta wait and see. Do you think this "episode" will slow down flower time any? I was planning on moving directly after harvest..?

4. I don't think you will notice anything. Twice a year I have to switch my light cycle to run from day to running at night. I have never had a problem. As long as you aren't putting them thru this kind of thing more than once I can basically guarantee you won't have an issue. If it does slow them down it will only be a day or 2.

5. Yeah, I think u are probably right... They are clones from what seem to be good stock and it was only two days of weirdness... Ill just leave em alone, & let em chill... Thanks for the tips, iwas just worried as I haver never had such problems. PeAcE

6. No prob. Good luck.