HELP! Pot size?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Champagneheadys, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Hey guys my plant is about 3 to 4 inches tall and its growth started to slow way down so i put it in a bigger pot and its growing again.
    My question is can i use a pot that extends outward like a rectangle of do i have to go with depth because i dont have a ton of height to grow in.
    Its Bagseed with a large daylight cfl on it.
    Another question.
    Why is my soil drying up so quickly. i water it a good amount each day and i check it day after day and the soil is always dry and solid. people say they water 1 every 2 days but if i did that it would die so fast. Its about 75 degrees in there.

thanks.

2. I have found that whatever the shape of pot, round, square, tall or squat, the roots will soon fill it completely.

3. Do you know what the humidity of your grow area is? Mine is extremely dry and I water every day.

4. no idea. Its in my basement. and i dont have a ton of room to grow but last pot was a chinese soup container and i could see the roots along the sides so i transplanted into soemhting bigger but i give a couple weekds before it fills that too.i think i want to put in in a square pot to give it more soil space.ive been growing since liek 2 days after christmas and this thing is growing so slow. i had a small crappy cfl on it and i put a big one in and it grew so much in like 3 days but then it slowed down. idk whats up.