Help!!! Possible root rot??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by COGrower303, Dec 14, 2012.

1. I've used these forums many a time to answer general questions. The responses are always great so I'm hoping someone out there can help me with this.

I've done several grows in soil, coco, and self amended soils. But this will be my first venture into hydroponics. I'm currently using a recirculating dwc set up that I've built myself. 6 five gallon pots each with its own airstone and 2 large airstones in my res. so there should be more then enough aeration going on. Oh is kept at 5.5 always and the temp is running around 72 towards the end of my fill before I refill. I'm using advanced nutrients 3 GMB series along with B52 and orca for my beneficial bacteria. Everything runs great but I've noticed some very slight browning on my roots. Only the parts of the root which touch the water. I can't decide if this is an early onset of Root rot or could this be slight staining due to the nutrients and/or beneficial bacteria?? Pics soon to follow I hope someone can help out!

:(

2. I've posted a picture you can see where the difference is between the nice white roots just below the bucket and the slightly brown ones under

3. No ideas anyone!?

4. Well nevermind then

5. WTF is that?!

Skeleton Skunk? IDK man never seen that before,,, sorry!