Help Possible Nute Deficiency

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SlyToker, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Hi everyone, I'm a first time grower. My plant has been looking great so far, but I recently noticed my lower leaves were turning a little yellow/brown and a few leaf tips had also turned brown. I've done some research and it seems like it may be a N deficiency, but I was looking for some additional advice/help before I added any nutrients. Thanks in advance.

We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    Soil
    What brand and type of soil?
    Local brand recommended by a few buddies
    Indoors or outdoors?
    Indoor
    What strain?
    Bag seed
    How old are the plants?
    Planted Feb 8th
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    CFL - 3 23w 6500k
    How far from the lights?
    Side lights are about 6 inches and the top light is about 3-4 inches away
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    I water when dry and light, which is about every 4 to 5 days using distilled water
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    No additional nutrients have been used up to this point
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    ph is always around mid 6
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    Temps stay in high 70s I have not checked humidity
    What size pots?
    Currently in a 1 gallon pot
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    No bugs
    Any other pertinent info?

Attached Files:

2. Here are a few closer pictures I took this morning of the issue.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

3. Could be a N deficiency. But also could be the natural progression. It's hard for me to see but those look like the first petioles from when it's a seedling. It's common for those to get yellow and die off at this stage so it could just be that, nothing to be alarmed about.

But it could also be N if you haven't given any nutes yet. If you haven't, definitely start feeding her because she is hungry. You said you have not added any additional nutrients. Have you added any at all for the life of this plant? If not, give her some nitrogen.

4. I see, that makes sense. Those leaves have gotten even more yellow and look like they are about to fall off. I guess what is still concerning me is the rest of the leaves that have brown tips. The brown tipped leaves are mainly on the bottom set of leaves, but it seems like it starting to creep up to a few of the mid level leaves. I haven't added any nutes at all up to this point. I'll be ordering some online and should hopefully get it by the end of the week.

5. Yeah, I would absolutely start some nutes. Just start at 1/4 strength and go from there. Those first petioles will turn yellow and die off. That's normal. But at this point she's definitely hungry for some food.