Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help Poppa buy a car

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Big Poppa Puff, Apr 3, 2003.

1. <--- Thats my car... its the shit, its the shit, its the shit, and i payed 5 grand for it. for those in the dark, Its a Camaro Z28, a 91 with a 5.7 in it. Gas is a bitch at times, but i make enuff to be ok with it i guess. And insurance isnt to bad. But look at that car, cept mine is green... and doesnt have the spoiler, i like the fin

Attached Files:

2. I don't know about the Nederlands, but here in the USA the VW jettas are manufactured in Mexico and have a bad reputation lately for reliability. The Jetta was what I thought I wanted a couple of months ago but the reliability ratings keep dropping. And the local VW dealership is a complete bastard to deal with in their service department.

Too Sicks, thanks for the info, you really must be into cars.

I am looking for either a new car or a fairly new used vehicle. Our state is so poor that we hold onto vehicles so long that any used vehicle here that is more than 4 years old is completely ragged out.

Also, I'm 6'3" and 225 lbs. so whatever small car I get needs to be able to fit me better than a coffin.

Probably a Honda or a Toyota.

3. BPP, i'm 6' and 250, and i fit into my crx really comfortably, and can't reach the pedals when the seat is back. My neighbor drives it too and he's 6'2 and like 300lbs and he fits without the seat full back.

Yeah you're gonna be safer hitting a wall in a caddy than a 'rex, maybe, but if you want safe buy a volvo, if you want a low buck badass ride that handles like a crotchrocket on 4 wheels get a CRX. I bought mine for $1000 and you can find 'em cheaper than that too. All i had to do to mine after i bought it was put a starter in, no big deal, took about $70 and 30 mins of wrenching, it's the easiest car to work on ever.

The civic would be an okay choice, but personally i hate civics just cause there's so many of 'em they're cookie cutter clones. Get a late 80's accord if you want something bigger. '89's rock, they look like big preludes, and they got a 2.3l powerplant which got some power, and the 2 door accord can be sporty, with snappier accelleration and better handling than a civic due to the low CG.

The MR2 is another badass ride, my neighbor back in the hood had an '85 centrifugally supercharged one that was a beast. It had neck snapping accelleration and ultra sticky handling. I've had that car up to 140mph smokin' a big block amerikan turd and still had power in reserve.

If you want the ultimate car in my opinion tho, get a '79 porsche 928s4Euro. My friend had one and we used to roll it all the time. Germans build cars that are truly next level. This car was the most fun i've ever had on wheels, 750wheel horsepower avalable at the tip of your toe is a helluva feeling. We've had this car up to 175mph before we decided the car was "fast enough" and that almost nothing short of a top fueler could keep up and surely nothing else street legal daily driven. They're ultra hard to find tho as they're not a USDM car, and were only sold in germany in '79-'80 so any s4Euro in the states is a german bought car that was shipped to the US and registered as a plain ol 928.

4. BPP, I have a '97 Corolla with 80,000 miles---still goin' strong, also had a '90 Tercel (Toy) that had 247,000 miles until someone smacked me and totalled it. those miles were original engine. I know others who have had Toyotas with 200,000+. keep the oil changed... just my experience. Guess I'm too damned practical!!

5. I am the biggest cheapskate when it comes to buying gas. So my new vehicle has got to have good gas milage. What I would like to do is buy a diesel powered jetta that gets 49 miles per gallon and put up a stock tank at home and buy non-taxed agricutural diesel for $0.99 a gallon. But the jettas have gotten really bad reviews for dependability. And spending money to get cars fixed is my second biggest cheapskate.

Too sicks, whatever I get it won't be no cookie cutter. I'll see to that no one has a vehicle like mine.

6. Golf TDI...64 mpg

Reliability tho i guess... :(

7. hona parts are basically universal,if your gonna get a newer civic or even better the new accord, you won't have to worry if it breaks (wich rarely happens) cause thier parts are everyyy where...

8. Smokie, I know what you mean about your car. I have a green '91 Camaro RS. I love my car! And Poppa, if your a big man, don't get a sports car! You'll be miserable trying to get in and out.

9. You should get either a CRX or a prelude, best cars i've ever owned, and i'm talkin all the cars i've owned, not the fastest, by far, not the sportiest, and not the pimpest ride, but overall, i smile and get a warm fuzzy feeling when i think of my Rex.

Better than my Ford trucks, better than my Ford Tempo, as a matter of fact i get more fun factor out of my rex than i ever got out of my 350hp autobahn tuned classic Benz 450SLC Euro, and best of all if i wreck it i'm only out $1000 big deal i buy another one.

Seriously, the CRX is the ONLY car i've never been cursing and kicking and calling a piece of shit, my Benz-0 really pissed me off when i found out a used starter cost $500 haha

And yeah, during the time thet made the 2nd Gen CRX Honda had a total of 17 different distinct models of car coming off the assembly line most all with interchangable pats, how's that for product support?

10. holy shit... im supposed to read that? It took me 5 min to scroll through it!

11. i have all was been fond to chev. any thing by them is good i'ed have to say

12. anything chevy made before 1971 is good, after that bowties went downhill

13. Hey, you only have to READ it, i had to TYPE that whole damn shizzle!!!!

haha!!
    Peace

14. 1969 volkswagon camper bus. british racing green, green shag carpet interior.:D

15. Yeah man, u got a point! :)