help plz!!! anyone

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by koolman891, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Hello people. First time grower here just looking for some advice. Just a heads up when i post pictures, you will see how cheap my set up is. I'm just hoping to make it work.
    I am growing one plant, it is about a month and week old. still hasnt shown its sex. i had some yellowing issues on bottom region of the plant ,which i resolved with some fert and got a ph tester so i can keep it at the proper levels, i also adjusted a humidity problem as my basement is rather humid. i use 2 120v cfls daylight

the biggest issue i am having is bottom leaves drooping, not sure whether it over or under watering. If i get some experts on the case, i will post pictures and any info required to make a diagnosis. pics will be in thread soon

Attached Files:

2. Overwatering is my gues..how often do u water?as u should b treating as indoor plant by a window,once every 5-6 days,

3. I dont use cfl's but im sure someone will chime n that does but id say add 2 more lights for undergrowth as that should help it pray at bottom of plant also..

4. O in how many holes r at bottom of that pot?hopefuly u drilld some.just like yur closet/tent needs fresh air coming in bottom,old escaping up top.think of yur pot sameway.needs holes to drain away excess water but more importantly to let soil breathe if u will..if u have no holes they will more then likely suffocate

5. can't zoom in enough, but doesn't look like any perlite in ur soil. I'd get some aeration in that soil. just my 2c

6. how would i go about getting areation after the plant is this grown . pretty sure roots through out all the soil. dont want to injure the plant

7. Id re-pot.drill holes before obviously...i have tons of holes n mine..n mix some perlite n.more the better(60%/40%perlite)or 50/50.

8. 20160727_094948.jpg Heres a pic of one of mine so u have a reference kinda..i have 20 1/4"holes in this..outside n 90's we been having.n i only water once every 4-5days.i feed once every 2wks.never sooner.

9. did you change your light schedule to 12/12? I think it has to be in flower mode to show its sex

10. Got some more holes and some more aeration it's grown about 3 inches it's about 5-6 weeks old when should I put it into flower it's 1.5 ft and max height of my grow space is about 4 feet. Also heard size doubles in flowering stage?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. What size pot is that

12. O and how often do you water and how much looks like early signs of over watering.... Rule thumb never never never repot once you started budding you'll take valuable attention that needs to be making trichs thc to filling out more roots I don't care if it's only one gallon it'sd waste time finish out start over do right next time

13. Didn't start budding? So how is it a waste of time? All it would take is a simple transfer into a bigger one

14. Here's what I would do with your plant. Get a bigger pot, mix some decent soil with perlite and transplant. Get at least 5 gal min pot....bigger is better and personally fabric is better than plastic. Give it a couple days then tie those 2 tops down. Look up LST (low stress training). It'll do 2 things for you 1) help with height issue 2) give all lower branches time to catch the 2 tall tops. giving you more top buds.
    hth

15. How would I go about transplanting if I didn't use perlite in this pot? just mix soil and perlite 60/40 then fill the gaps in gunna have when transplanting? Or is there a way to mix perlite this late in the process to the soil originally without it. So both the original soil and the mix to fill the gaps have good drainage

16. And found out the de mentions of my pot. Says its 5 gallons I just need to add more soil there's about a 3 inch gap to the top of the pot

17. And any suggestions on if I should trim any leaves to increase light pen

18. if you LST you'll get light penetration...no need to trim. I doubt the roots are taking up that entire pot. you could remove it from pot, brush loose soil away, and then add perlite to that and the additional you're adding. These plants are tough...it may shock it a little...but you need that aeration in the mix.

19. How's this for lst. First time attempting.