Help pleeease

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rastaaman420, Apr 10, 2011.

1. can someone please give me the best overview/summary about how to germinate seeds and then plant them. thanks!

2. Not sure there is a best way, there are different ways to germinate seeds. Here's mine:

Grab a glass or plastic plate out of the kitchen. I like to use a strong paper towel. First fold the paper towel in half. Then fold it in half again. Lay the folded paper towel on the plate, and then moisten it thoroughly. Next fold the paper towel over the seeds so that they are completely covered. Make sure the paper towel is completely moist. Drain off any excess water.

Now find a warm, dark place to let them germinate. There needs to be air as well. Make sure the paper towel doesn’t dry out.

At germination, the outside protective shell of the seed splits, and a tiny, white sprout pops out. This sprout is the root. Once the seed sprouts, it is ready to be planted

3. This is how I plant them:

Step 1. I like to use small pots and light seed starter soil for my seedlings. Then I transplant them later.

Step 2. Thoroughly moisten the soil in the pot. Let the excess water drain out the bottom.

Step 3. In the middle of the pot, press your index finger into the soil to about where your finger nail ends. Place a sprouted seed in the hole and completely cover it with soil. Water it in, but just enough to moisten it.

Step 4. Keep the soil moist at all times, don’t let it dry out, until the seedling emerges from the soil.

When I plant my seedlings, I put them under florescent lights. Flouresent lights are great for seedlings.

4. Some people say the paper towel causes damage to the root I don't know if that's true but I use this method either way
    Pop your beans in a room temp glass of water and set the glass some where dark and warm. Wait 24 hours. Remove any floating seeds and set them aside. The seeds at the bottom are ready to plant, some will have already split or even have a root exposed. I used jiffy peat pots ( they have them at walmart). Keep em dark, keep em warm, they will sprout.
    Good Luck!

5. I like to use the Jiffy Pots as well. I have never had problems with the paper towel method. I have a great success rate, germinating seeds. But there are other good ways to germinate like what HBIC124 said.