HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Mattwp191, Dec 12, 2018.

1. The plants went from great to looking like death over night any clue what it could be from? 1544623200741.jpg 1544623222706.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. oh, mass pH problems is my first guess.

• Like Like x 1
  3. As my man above said, def check your PH and then come back with the results.

4. How do you sanitize the water? New to hydro and I see the roots look like they are starting root rot I thought I had buckets that would keep out the light good but guess not

5. If it's root rot, clorox will help.
    A preventative dose is 1 mL for every 10 gallons, or 2-4 times that much for established rot.
    My understanding is that commercial growers of food crops use clorox or some equivalent.
    The Nute/Hydro company Current Culture sells expensive, dilute clorox called UC Roots, and recommends constant use of it.
    The components of clorox are nutrients to plants, not poison.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Although high, its still acceptable. Drop it to 5.8 at least.
    Next check the roots. Are they white or brown?
    How much aeration do they get? Is the air pump strong enough?

7. ok, you can try disinfecting with H2O2, but you should use a biological agent afterwards.
    H2O2 up to 10mL of 30% per L, but I would run half of that. Circulate for one hour then flush.

Which country are you in?

8. I'm in the us

9. Grab some hydroguard and/or SM90.
    Do the clorox or H2O2 clean, I was told H2O2 is better because it gets deeper, but whatever works.

Keep the roots aerated, either grab a few air stones or a larger air pump.

10. I have each 5 gallon bucket running with a ten gal airpump and a 3 in airstone so I believe that part is good but i changed out all the water and redid the pH to 6 I need some more pH down and I'll lower it to 5.5 and added nutrient in a 15-5-5 ratio

11. tell me more about the nutrients... and the water you are using.

12. Just regular tap water that I lower the pH down usually starts at a 7.3 straight out the faucet I have been using a orchid nutrient mix but only half the dose amount cause it's very strong (30-10-10) I tried the full amount with another plant and it died right after it started showing from nut burn I'll pull up the tap water test stuff in just a moment

13. Here is the tap quality test

Attached Files:

14. The water is hard @ 261 ppm. General recommendation for seedlings and young plants is like 50-100 ppm. I cut my water with RO water at 50/50; when using hydro I prefer 100% RO water since other salts accumulate in the res with tap. You may also need to supplement some magnesium as your calcium:magnesium ratio is currently 6:1; recommendation is 3:1 (varies); this can cause some magnesium issues; you can purchase 'hard water' version of calmag and supplement with it.
    The nutrient line should work, but that ratio... I've had nice plants using 5-15-14 from start to finish. Why not purchase some inexpensive nutrients designed for the purpose? Maybe have a look at this thread. Mick used a easy to follow protocol that I tested and it yielded fantastic results.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I'll look into that thanks for the help

16. Thanks for the help guys plants looked like they are doing better after I cleared out their rez and gave them fresh stuff

• Like Like x 1