Help please.... Wiring my fans to a power source.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by ak05live, Jul 31, 2011.

1. I am making a pc grow box and I ran into a problem. I have 2 different connections to power sources on my fans and I have access to neither of them. I am willing to cut the wires and put them with others to create power but I don't know what to do. Please help me figure this out.

Attached Files:

2. You could use a regular computer power supply. Here are the directions how to jump start a pc power supply without using a computer. Ive done this many times to test power supplies and never once been shocked :D

3. I think the blue connect on the left is sata?..the one on the right is what you need...cut that and wire it to ..what do you have to use? like a cell phone charger or something? Wire it to the proper power supply. If it doesn't work, switch the wires..there's not much risk of frying it if you're using a 12v dc adapter.

You can run the #'s by me if ya want to check for safety and stuff...make sure you're runnign a safe powersupply. :)

ask if you need anything else.

4. one thing i would suggust would be using a fused terminal strip just to be on the safe side :D

5. Ya i just grabbed up a couple of old 12v cell phone chargers, clipped the wires on each and same to fans. wired them together, a little soldier with some shrink tube and the work fine. red and black on fans and red and white on chargers. the fans also had a blue and white wire but they did nothing. 120mm fans.