Help Please - Soil Mix and water problems

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kairolodger, May 20, 2012.

1. Hey guys,
    im about 9 days into the seedling phase and have started thinking about when and how to transplant my young ones into a larger cannister.
    The problem is with my soil mix.
    I dont have access to perlite, vermiculite, or worm castings.
    I have abut 14l of BIo bizz allmix left but that has to be divided amongst 6 plants. So i need to mix the all mix with other components to fill up my 5l pots.

I tried making a mix with about 10% allmix, 40% nursery bought unfertilized earth, 40% construction sand, and 10% shredded coconut husks. But it has horrible drainage.

What can i do to improve water flow in my soil. Do i crush up some rocks, wash them and mix it in with the mix.

I dont have a ph meter yet so icant say what ph levels are in the soil. Ill look into that later.

But for now, what can i do about my seemingly impervious soil mix?

Help please

2. How do you not have access to perlite? Any garden centre carries it.....Walmart, home depot, etc. even small independent gardening centers. Seems strange that you can find coco husks but not perlite.

3. I live in South Asia. Underdeveloped compared to western standards. I have a coconut tree in the back yard and they grow abundantly all around this place.

So, no perlite.
    Any ideas guys?

4. use busted-up igneous rock AKA pumice AKA grill rocks. Some growers go out of their way to find that over perlite. :)

5. Thanks. Ill look into the possibility tomorrow.