Help Please. Simple Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by sugarpepper, Aug 5, 2010.

1. #1 sugarpepper, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
    Alright I am super new to all of this and need some help. My friend has a treehouse and we are going to try to grow 4 clones inside of it. Its about 4x4. We have an extension cord running out there. Im getting the clones in a week. I was PLANNING on painting the area white. I am not very uptight about this. I was planning on growing for my friends. Anyways I have 8 CFL's. 6 are 2000 lumens and the others are 6500. I also have 2 GE plant lights 60 watts and 3 65 watt. The CFL's I was planning on hanging above the plants and designing a way to make the plant lights as side lighting. I have a friend helping me with soil. There are a good amount of little windows and shit so I think ventilation won't be a huge issues. I could see the place off and then I would need a fan. If I sealed it off I figure I could figure out some odor control (like carbon filter?). Also I have a timer so I need help with how long to leave the lights on. The clones are pretty far along. Sour D. Please help.
    I forgot that my friend was telling me to try to get them to flower early because they would do better as bushy instead of tall. How would I deal with lighting? And are there easy ways to set up a water system using something like a 5 gallon jug that I can store in the treehouse?

2. I meant I was not very uptight about the whole process, not painting the area white. The only reason I was going to do this was because I heard it was better than tin foil.

3. Sorry one last thing.... Instead of the god damn 9 different light bulbs and all that shit that came with it (lightbulbs and set-up stuff probably add up to $120) would it be worth it to return all of that and get a t5 and a wing? Or should I keep some of that shit and still get the t5.

4. I'm looking for the right flower cfl spectrum but I kno the more the better and they need to be close. I'm flowering at 3 months the longer you wait the more you'll get. Multipleplants will need alot of lights. Cut a whole and mount the fan soo that it blows new air in. 12/12 on/off makes it flower. Unless it's not mature enough. Try 18/6 on/off or more intill u want to flower. Hope it helps I'm new and looking for answers too. Goodluck

5. I guess my main questions is if I can just get a 150 watt lamp and reflector and just have that for 2-4 plants from them as clones throughout their lives. Otherwise can I have mixed cfl's, at least two a plant, and keep that throughout their lives.

6. You should edit your original post and remove the line about selling, talk about selling is not allowed here.

Also, read all the stickies on these forums and check out the grow journal forums. You will learn a ton.

7. Good looking. Thanks