Help please!!! Short bushy plants!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bighead00, Nov 18, 2017.

1. i planted my seedlings back in July. I have a 1000 watt led with 8 plants in soil. They are bag seeds. Half Indica half Sativa. All of them are short and bushy with a lot of leafs. Maybe 6-7 inches tall and maybe 7-9 inches wide. Should they be taller after vegging then 6 weeks? I’m switching them tomorrow to 12/12. I’ll post pics later.

2. There have been several people lately who have been wanting to buy what the manufacturer claimed was 1000 watt LEDs that were less than 200 watts actual power. Too little light might be a problem if the true power is too low.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I hope that’s not the problem. They all started growing nicely and then stopped. Maybe I’m being impatient but every pic I see of a plant with the same amount of vegg time, they are always a lot taller.

4. Pics would help a lot. I agree your '1000 watt led' is almost certainly not 1000 watts. Usually with not enough light the plants stretch and are taller than ones with too much

5. I researched the led before I bought it. It said it’s put out about as much as a 600 hps light. It is a 1000 watt double chip bestva led. It said they were new but was suppose to be a good light. I’m posting pics in the morning.

6. How close is the light? Do you know the strain?

The last plants I grew were extremely bushy, and were fine once I flipped to 12/12.

With that said, only 6-7” tall after 5 months isn’t normal. You can usually get them to 1ft or more in half that time.

Pics would help

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. He said six weeks in OP.

J

8. He also said he planted in July. Maybe just a slip up.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. Do not trust cheap LED manufacturers' claims.
    Trust only the true power specifications.
    If they try to hide that, then multiply volts by amps to get watts.

10. Here are some pics. Been vegging for 6 weeks. It’s my first time ever to grow. I gave them 24 hrs of light for the first 2 weeks. Once they were growing different nodes I switched to 18 on 6 off. I don’t know what kind of seeds they are but I know by the leaves that I have both Sativas and indicas growing.

11. Looks like you need some more (or any) perlite in there for aeration.

Ez

• Like Like x 1
  12. They look dry and stunted, on a maybe related note i have a true 200 watt cob led set up( home made) that i have noticed makes the plants stay shorter with closer stacked nodes sometimes 2 close. I keep it 20to 30 inchs above canopy to increase stretch.

13. I water about every other day. I use fox farm for nutrients. I got the light about 18 inches away from the top. So I should raise my light another foot and see how that works? I thought about just putting them into flower because they say the double and sometimes triple in size. This is my first grow. I want to iron out as many kinks as I can before my next grow lol

14. Do you have all of those plants in the same pot..?

15. They're probably fighting eachotherr for space and nutrients. I would think this is why you have under developed plants.

16. I have 5 in a big ass tote. I have them tied so that they grow away from my middle plant. I also planted them on mounds so that the roots grow down first before they grow out. At least that was my thinking lol. I also have three more and they are in there own pots. I’m about to pull one that I am pretty sure is really jacked up so I would only have 4 in my tote.

17. I would highly suggest not doing that next time. Say something was to happen to one and it had a deficiency because the one next to it was getting all the nutrients then had a toxcicity. How would you handle fixing that in the same pot?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Also thanks you guys because where I live the bud sucks. The Low end costs as much as the high end stuff but it’s all Reggie. Ive only found some medium stuff once. That’s why I’m doing this. Everything is appreciated greatly!!

19. But, to answer your question I'm 90% sure that's why your plants aren't as big or bushy as others you see.

• Agree Agree x 1