Help please (!?!?), novice grower here!! (-___-;;)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NinjaBarf, Aug 31, 2011.

1. I just grew three plants back in July and was wondering when they'd be ready. Also one gives off pollen when I tapped it and another one also looks like it has the same pollen sacs too. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!:D:hello::hello::hello::D

NinjaBarf:smoke::smoke::smoke:

Attached Files:

2. If it has pollen sacs it's most likely a male. That means it will fertilize the females and give you seedy buds. You could have a hermie, honestly I have no idea, read the guides on sexing and stickies. Plants look pretty decent.

3. the ones with sacs on them are males,you dont want those.they pollinate your females and knock them up with seeds,which will decrease overall yield of smoke able bud,and lower the quality a bit.

4. Yeah I would go ahead and rip up the two males you have as most likely they have already pollinated the female, you will get no bud off those and it will further pollinate the girl. Lets just say you are gonna have some seeds. As far as harvest is concerned get a magnifing 30X should do it and check the Trichomes(SP?) if clear it's not ready if they are turning amber from cloudy then you should be about ready I am not sure at the actual %tage of amber ones you need I normally go about 50/50 cloudy and amber for my harvest.

5. looks like you still have a ways to go.... since you are going to have a seed crop, i would forget about plucking based on hairs and crystal color. i would harvest once the seeds turn brown that way you will have plenty for the next grow. next time plant 3 times as many as you want to keep and keep only the best females. one pollen sac can pollinate an entire crop. how many pollen sacs are there? you did a great job growing though. they look great. i just hate looking at men's ball sacks.

6. do keep the crystal color in mind for the future, cause next time you will know to chop the males early.

thatguythat: did not think about the seeds at all, normally never do.:)

7. yea... still monitor crystals and hairs. it will help you next time. i wasn't thinking of the practice aspect. was just saying that you are going to have a seed crop no matter what. might as well take advantage of it. you will still get some bud, but it won't be as good as next years sensimilla. thanks mixted... bwt... why is that grow so sad? looks like some pretty girls in there.

8. lets just say it started as 8 and now is three with two little tiny girls, I had to split off due to laws on community grows and had to set everything up in a new space with plants already started, so I basicly had to start from scratch with seeds and no mother, but things are picking up got a nice mother now and next round will be happier.

9. Thanks for all the info and tips you guys!! You guys rock!! :) I'll keep you all posted on how they're growing and what not. Also, I have a few spare seeds, should I save them or just plant them anyways and see what happens?

10. if you are doing outdoor and are in the northern hemisphere save them til next year

11. Toss those things

12. well you will have plenty of them.. i don't think you will lose anything by putting more in the ground. i wouldn't expect much off them this late, but if you pluck all the males, you may have a few little seedless buds.