Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

help please my grandma has cancer can marijuana cure it she hasnt got long :(

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by pieman615, Feb 28, 2009.

1. hey everyone i found out very bad news about my grandma who means alot to me so i was wondering ive heard that hemp oil or something can cure cancer or atleast stop it abit

please help me guys im really sad is there any way i can do this without her knowlege she would be willing to let me give her it if its in a non smoking form so yeah thanks everyone :(

2. Sorry to hear about your Grandma, dude. Unfortunately, Cannabis does not cure cancer, although there are some studies suggesting anti-tumor properties. Where it can help, however, is with nausea from the chemo. What it does is suppress the extreme nausea caused by the chemo drugs, allowing patients to take them regularly and keep them down, giving them the best possible chances for survival.

Check out the Norml page on MedMj, it'll answer alot of your questions:
    http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3376

Also, don't give it to her without her permission. Do your research, and show all of it to both her and your family. It's her decision, ultimately, to decide to use it or not.

Best of luck to you both.

3. You are incrrect CaptainCheez, cannabis DOES cure cancer in hemp oil, and I am highly confident it would save your grandma. If you can make hemp oil, and it shows you how to in the video, then you have a real shot at saving her. And you ingest hemp oil orally, not smoke it; in fact smoking it removes the majority of its medical potential. Good luck with whatever happens!

4. It's irresponsible to give that kind of hope without knowing the details of her illness. There is some evidence that cannabinoids and other compoments of cannabgis can protect from SOME types of cancer, but there is not one documented case of any kind of advanced cancer being cured by cannabis. Plenty of anecdotal claims but not one piece of real evidence. This is why we need to do real research rather than the sporadic stuff that goes on now and the urban myths started by cannabis zealots.

I love the herb, as everyone here should know, but acting like it's a cure all or panacea is just as unrealistic as the people who claim it's a horrible thing to use. It has great medicinal properties and has promise in several lines of treatment, but telling someone "I am highly confident it would save your grandma" is irresponsible at best.

5. im back again and my grandma has a rare form of cancer
    but marijuana i know for a fact will at least help with everything

also guys im only 18 and is there any way i can make this hemp oil without my parents knowing i wanna do this for my grandma :(

6. You can buy hemp oil legally at any health food store. Making it from seed at home is not a very easy thing to do.

It can't hurt, but do not get your hopes up. It's very good for you actually, from a health/nutrition standpoint.

7. oh sorry if i sound like a noob but i thought hemp oil was related to is pretty much marijuana extracted into an oil

the cancer my grandma has is all over her leg so how do you reckon i should apply it ?
    im not sure sorry

8. i'm really sorry to hear about your grandma. cancer is terrible. i recently lost my father to brain tumors. i don't know the details of your grandma's condition but i can honestly say that given the choice, i would have had my father treated with hemp oil rather than the chemotherapy and radiation that the doctors told us were standard practice and his only hope for survival. in reality, it debilitated him and made his remaining time on earth a physical and mental struggle dominated by time in and out of hospitals. chemotherapy kills you from the inside. sure, it may take out some cancer cells but it also ruins your immune system and in my opinion probably kills you faster than just going without treatment. this is in regards to glioblastoma multiforme, so i can't speak for all cancers. still, the chemotherapy success rates are pretty dismal.

9. the hemp oil you are referring to is an extract of cannabis. "hemp oil" is available in health food stores, but it's not the oil that's talked about in regards to cancer research and treatment.

10. hey there pieman, if you wana try hempoil make sure ur grandma approves and make sure this stuff is legal where you are cuz you might be held responsible if something unfortunate happened to her god forbid . if it's skin cancer the oil is applied to the skin externall in other cases it is ingested and some cases vaporized. anyway you can look up "the run from the cure video" for better info cheers :D

11. oh really :( sorry to hear that
    im just curious why would something that has the power to do that would be legally available because the f***** government discloses things like that from greed

12. thank you for telling me about that well i thought that would not be availble in health stores haha

um so if i were to extract this oil would it smell and my grandma if this eventually gets really bad she will not mind she is a very nice person not like many older people i know and my dad and mum if it gets to that stage would probably let me get it for her in the area of smoking it because this cancer is rare :(

13. It comes in capsules and it doesn't have a strong smell even when not encapsulated. It's oil. Like vegetable oil, olive oil, corn oil, etc. It's not hash oil, it's just hemp seed oil. It's very high in Omega fatty acids; that's it's main benefit.

Most of the studies I've seen on cannabis and cancer used substances higher in cannabinoids than hemp seed oil is, but like I said it cannot hurt. It does *not* cure cancer though. In vivo there is some indication that THC and other cannabinoids can stunt tumor growth and protect against some cancers. There is no evidence that advanced stage cancers can be cured by any cannabis derivative though.

http://www.iherb.com/productdetails.aspx?c=1&pid=-2107999043438022586&utm_source=gb&utm_medium=f

14. thanks for all the help i really appreciate it are u sure this is the hemp oil that is used to treat stuff like this i thought its illegal and extracted from the tree

15. It's a nutritional supplement. Some people claim it has healing properties but the research is sketchy. Eating actuall cannabis as in cookies or brownies will carry even more medicinal value.

16. #16 clinton, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2009

Hemp Oil is note same as the oil extracted from the seed. Not the same thing at all. Hemp Oil is a solvent extraction of all the resins and the MJ oils. Hemp seed oil is a food grade oil like most cooking oils. NOT the same as total MJ extraction.

clinton

17. It most certainly is. The only source of fat (oil) on the plant is the seed and that's what we're talking about. Don't confuse it with hash oil such as BHO or QWISO.

18. If you see Rick Simpson's Run from the Cure - he shows how to make it. You are not correct in your facts. It is the same as BHO - just Rick uses other solvents.

clinton

19. Um...

I followed the videos and made the hash oil and can attest to its properties. It does not smell (much) and I put it into gel caps so I can gobble em up whenever I need to. Several things to be aware of if you choose to make this.....
    1. IT CAN KILL YOU (solvents evaporating make for an explosive surprise)
    2. IT CAN KILL YOU (repeat)
    3. You must be extreamly carefull and work outside as the solvents needed to do the whole plant extraction are not just combustable but downright explosive.

With that in mind the oil does work for me but ive noticed that after useing oil caps for awhile all other forms loose their effeincy (or high if you will) but I still get the medicinal effect. I have to admit that I wish I could have smoked/vaped longer as I really miss the high but quiting to reduce tollerance isnt an option. GL

20. Whoops forgot this part heh....
    THC has been shown to KILL cancer cells under a scope on a slide (look it up on you tube)
    THC has also been shown to REDUCE the groth of MANY cancer cells by 50% or more
    CBD (another canibinoid) has been shown in labratory tests (slides and rats/mice) to actually starve the cancer tumors by telling the body to basicy not listen to the bodies messages (from the tumor) saying it needs to build more blood vessels (the way a tumor grows in the body). In turn, as the messages are "deactivated" the tumor can not grow any larger and has actually been shown to greatly decrease in size to absolute eradication of said tumor. The research is out there but the media isnt going to do anything about it....look at what we had to do just to be able to use our medicine?:eek: