Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help please, i want to quit tobacco.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ziggzag420, Jul 30, 2012.

1. #21 Brutal1ty, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    Bro I get the same feelings I'm extremely addicted as well even though I've ''only'' been smoking for 7 years (7 years too much...). My ''solution'' is halfway: I still get my nicotine and throat hit (the feeling in the back of your throat) and ''smoke'' production a smoker does (actually I produce about 2x as much vapor as a smoker would by exhaling), but no tars or other burnt chemicals.

I use a good e-cig with e-liquid. Safe? The base liquid is 100% safe. I still have my doubts on all the added sweeteners and everything though. Yet no-ones died of vaping yet.

I recommend trying this out IF you want to quit tobacco but just can't stop the nicotine yet. Start @ 18mg of nicotine liquid and if thats too strong drop down to 11 or 6. You can find lots of info on the internet but if you decide to try it: get an Ovale\Joyetech EGO model with Cartomizers. And stay away from cheap ''tobacco'' juices as they don't taste like tobacco at all :D

I'm still addicted as fuck, but this is up to 1\2 cheaper than smoking (easily) and I feel more healthy than when smoking. My current juice ''hits'' (throathit) harder dan tobacco actually :p

PS: As a weed smoker you should be open minded enough to at least read some info on these devices on vaping forums. e-cigarette-forum .com for instance or something for some info. Cheap cigarette like devices suck, the slightly bigger ones will last you all day on a charge...

Or if your strong enough just quit entirily.

2. I'm currently smoking with no plans to quit but you sort of have to know yourself whether you have half a chance of going cold turkey, or if you should slowly decrease how much you smoke.

3. same boat man... Gunna quit as of tonight - ive been smoking excessively for years and im more than slightly worried about my heart, it races often and recently when lying down i have been very aware of my heartbeat, its definately time to quite. If you want any support you can pm me or w/e - think this attempt would be more successful if I had someone that i didnt want to let down by smoking (other than my mum :p) and rejoice with after a smoke free month. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTAhSJt_8x8"]This [/ame]song has motivated me to quit for up to 2 weeks in the past - give it a listen.

4. Oh my god....thats like ridding urself of an addiction to masturbating by ripping off ur dick

5. What movitated me to quit was the fact that the buzz is not that great, and it's harmful for your health.

If the buzz was good i might choose differently.

6. I smoked since I was 15 through to 27 - I used to love smoking darts.

I am glad I don't anymore hombre (not preaching).

Allen Cars "Easy Way to quick smoking" did the trick. Have not touched one in nearly two years. It was a trip 0 but that shit worked, I tried heaps of times before that.

I do smoke tobacco when we blaze a dutch as thats how we roll down under, but no ciggarettes. When we do we use Malitou which is smooth as shit (organic - no chems)

7. I used to smoke too, as soon as I grew up and realised how shitty it was, I quit. Went cold turkey, the facts alone are enough. I'd rather feel like utter, utter shit than smoke another cigarette...

8. [quote name='"ziggzag420"']

I used to smoke american spirit organic cigarettes, now i smoke plasencia reserva organic cigars (& i inhale)[/quote]

What if you just don't inhale? No damage to the lungs but you still get your fix?

9. My friend used to cut his cigarettes in half with a scissor. He'd smoke his normal pack a day... and not even notice the difference... Unless you're literally sucking down to the filter you probably won't notice either!

Slowly tapering is probably the best way.

10. so smoke more weed,smoke way less ciggs the tempt for tobacco will soon die down.

11. New Way To Quit Smoking: -

Low-level laser therapy operates on principles similar to the 5,000 year old ancient Asian healing art of Acupuncture. Acupuncture is known to reduce tension, increase circulation, and enable the body to relax more deeply.
    Laser Therapy treatment is a noninvasive method used to balance the energy low between meridians. Laser therapy is considered a non-medical procedure. Treatment with low-level laser helps to promote the release of endorphins in the body. Endorphins are natural chemicals in your body that signal your system to decrease stress and increase energy. Omega uses a low powered (soft) laser to treat nicotine addiction. The laser is no more powerful than a 60-watt light bulb. Energy points related to addiction are identified and treated with a combination of a helium neon laser and electrobiostimulation.
    The entire procedure is external, non-invasive, and non-thermal. Laser Therapy is painless. During the laser treatment energy points on your hands, face, and ears are treated. If a client feels the sensation from the low-level laser, they may feel a warm, pulsating and sometimes-tingling feeling. Some clients may only feel a calming sensation from the laser. The low-level laser acts as a tool to assist the client through the initial physical withdrawals from nicotine. The first 72 hours of quitting is considered to be the crucial detoxification period. The laser mimics a similar endorphin release for a period of 3-5 days following treatment, which aids in alleviating stress associated with giving up nicotine. The treatment has been used for over three decades in Europe and Canada.
    What to expect after a treatment
    The treatment is very relaxing and some people experience a degree of drowsiness.
    How the laser is used
    The laser is placed on various meridian and auricular points on the body around the ears, nose, hands, and wrists.
    Laser safety
    Low power laser light is completely safe. It is a bio-stimulation laser not a surgical laser. We are using the latest technology without needles, so it is totally painless. Your procedure will be given by a certified Laser Technician, specifically trained in low power Laser Therapy.

12. [quote name='"Douggs"']

What if you just don't inhale? No damage to the lungs but you still get your fix?[/quote]

Wouldnt get the nicotine if i didnt inhale em

13. Been a cigarette smoker for 15 years, about to turn 30 and left the marines so I decided to smoke a bowl a day and got a kickass vape... gave up 5 weeks ago! Feel healthy as fuck!

14. Sunflower seeds worked for me. Addicted to them now. ☺