Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help please, i want to quit tobacco.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ziggzag420, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Sup blades, need some tips, advice, help, anything. Deep down, i want to stop using tobacco. Its doing me no good, ruining my health, and if i dont quit, it will likely kill me. Ive tried to quit 9-15 times, each of which i put legitimate effort into. But everytime i quit, even after 2 weeks where (supposedly) the physical-chemical-psychoactive withdrawal has subsided, and all that remains is a mental desire. I yearn, and yearn, and yearn to smoke. I miss smoking when i quit, not just on an addiction level, but rather i truly become
    depressed when i dont smoke tobacco, i even convinced myself for a while trying to quit that 'i smoke because deep down i want to die slowly, as i dont want to live on this twisted savage world where people are so self centered, greedy, cruel, & where people hurt each other for no reason, and smoking deadly tobacco is how i show it, and life isnt worth living much without tobacco' -thats how deep my addiction is. I know how fucked up that sounds, but im not trolling, and for the most part am an intellectual and know that my above theory is ridiculous and..makes me sound just a tad insane, im just a fuckin fiend. I love tobacco, love smoking, and love nicotine. But i dont like coughing and rapid heart beats and spending obscene levels of $ and dying before i should.

What the fuck do i do?

-sad addict.

2. I came to this trying to find a way to stop too I feel for you bro everything about this planet and it's people are going to hell everyone's so greedy and narcissistic it makes me sick I hope you do stop my friend and I hope you live a full and happy life :)

3. Hey man, I haven't been there so I can't offer any real advice, but in the mean time, might you look into buying organic tobacco off the web and rolling your own? Its, in my opinion and that of many others that tobacco is only harmful because of the thousands of chemicals added in the factory (benzene, formaldehyde, etc, etc). Shamans and tribe people have smoked tobacco for thousands of years without any problem, and they knew pure tobacco to actually be an anti-cancer agent. Just thought I'd throw in my .02

4. The only thing I could suggest to you is slowly ease off of them. Limit yourself to a certain amount of cigarettes a day. If you smoke a pack a day, limit yourself to 10 a day and if you want to smoke more once you're finished, smoke a joint instead. I definitely believe that you can use cannabis to stop smoking tabacco. Just keep reminding yourself that you need to stop and you're surrounded by people who want you to stop. Replace the nicotine with nuggets. It's going to be hard, but I'm sure you can do it, my man. Good luck!

5. Whenever u want to have a smoke just smoke weed instead

6. Being an ex smoker, that smoked for 5 years. I used the nicorette nicotine 24 hour patches. I also used the gum when I had an urge because that would give me nicotine really fast. I haven't smoked for in like a year. I don't ever get the urge to smoke and I cringe at the sight of people smoking. I didn't even go through the whole box of patches or the box of gum

7. idk man, when it all comes down, if smoking tobacco makes you that much happier then why not...people have a lot of dangerous hobbies...sounds like you really like smoking cigs...If you can quit for more then a week and be able to turn down asking for a smoke when someone else pulls one out, your brain will be reminded how nasty second hand smoke is, which is hard to notice when your filling your lungs with first hand smoke.

8. No matter how organic your tobacco is it isn't going to be benign.
    OP wants to quit. Not switch to a healthier alternative and I don't blame him, his nicotine addiction is really hurting him.

OP does weed help subside the cravings?

9. Ive been there man. Smoked cigarettes for 2 years and one day just had a change of heart. I guess you could say marijuana is what helped me quit. Basically i realized (or so i think) that the government keeps cigarettes and alcohol legal, so they can make money off of you while youre lying in a hospital bed with cancer or whatever paying all those medical bills. Meanwhile, marijuana is still illegal. Whose going to end up in a hospital because they smoked weed? Basically no one. I guess i just dont like fueling our corrupt government

10. try some herb instead if that helps you out.
    You could also try getting some legal herbs (there are TONS and some are supposedly pretty nice) if you like to smoke in public without having to stress about breaking laws.
    If you want to cut it down so weed is your only smokable, just find an activity to replace smoking. chew some normal gum maybe? drink a red bull/coffee? smoking becomes a habit and replacing a habit with something else can help.

I quit recently (swisher fiend), I used a nice hot cup of tea and some weed, and its not easy. I honestly just like to smoke wherever and feel safe so Ive been thinking about rolling up some legal herbal joints but I don't know haha. not going back to tobacco though.

11. do what I did to quit tobacco..Eat as much of it until you can eat no more.. I ate 18 grams of it and have never touched it since

12. #14 Tetra416, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    I've been through the exact same thing. here's some tips
    - The first few days are rough but it DOES get easier so remind yourself of that
    - Don't be discouraged by past failed quitting attempts
    - Don't throw in the towel if you have a relapse
    - Drink a glass of water every time you have the urge to smoke
    - Avoid friends who smoke cigarettes
    - Take lots of vitamin C, it helps flush out the nicotine in your system
    - If you find yourself thinking "just one more" talk some sense into yourself
    - Differentiate between your thinking and your addiction's thinking
    - Avoid your triggers, things that you associate with smoking or situations you normally smoke in

Those are a few of the things that helped me. You CAN do it. I attempted to quit and found myself smoking again after a week or two several times before I successfully quit, very few people successfully quit on their first attempt.

If you have a relapse it is not failure, it's just a bump in the road.

You will feel AMAZING physically and mentally once you realize you have not smoked for several weeks and don't even have the urge to. Keep your eyes on the prize. When you reach this point buy yourself something really nice with all the money you saved.

13. Good luck with quitting man, like the guy above said, it's not a relapse if you have a smoke now and then. It's just a bump in the road.

I've been smoking for about 6 years now, and I wish I never would of started. I feel it affecting me every day.I laugh too hard and I cough, I get out of breath if I walk up stairs too fast. I really wanna quit, it's just pretty much when I actually decide to, which is a terrible way to put it. I feel like when I get high I want a cig that much more too, every time I smoke a bowl or whatever I light a cigarette right after. I know I can quit it. I just need to actually do it.... >_>

14. damn. Im just starting to really enjoy my menthols. If you really need the nicotine and don't want all that smoke inside you should get those electronic cigarettes. Ives seen people puffing that in starbucks haha. How long have you been smoking?

15. [quote name='"Douggs"']Hey man, I haven't been there so I can't offer any real advice, but in the mean time, might you look into buying organic tobacco off the web and rolling your own? Its, in my opinion and that of many others that tobacco is only harmful because of the thousands of chemicals added in the factory (benzene, formaldehyde, etc, etc). Shamans and tribe people have smoked tobacco for thousands of years without any problem, and they knew pure tobacco to actually be an anti-cancer agent. Just thought I'd throw in my .02[/quote]

I used to smoke american spirit organic cigarettes, now i smoke plasencia reserva organic cigars (& i inhale)

16. [quote name='"mambugaw"']

No matter how organic your tobacco is it isn't going to be benign.
    OP wants to quit. Not switch to a healthier alternative and I don't blame him, his nicotine addiction is really hurting him.

OP does weed help subside the cravings?[/quote]

I can smoke enough herb that i dont need a cigarette, but for me its routine, burn some buds, light up a smoke/cigar

17. Every time you want to smoke tobacco, drink an ice cold Blue Moon.

18. seriously the best advice i can give you is don't give up hope man.

i have smoked cigs for probably 6 or 7 years and i honestly do not enjoy it anymore.

i went a few weeks without smoking and i occasionally buy a pack just to keep myself from completely going back to smoking a pack a day. for instance i went to the beach and knew i would be craving, so i bought a pack just to carry around.

ended up only smoking 2 cigs a day!

just stick with it man, after a while the taste becomes less enjoyable & the herb tastes so much better