Help please I need some type of braces at the top corners of my tent

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by GreatGrammy, Apr 12, 2018.

1. I made a scrog with metal screen for a 5 x 5 tent. I want to hang it by 4 corner cord pullies but I do not want to put the pullies directly on the metal rod on the tent. I am looking to make some sort of brace in the 4 corners of my tent. One end of the pulley will go on it and one end will be attached to the screen.The red line is where I need something permanent to go across and connect. Anyone have an idea?
    Untitled.jpg

2. Grammy, go to hardware store or even dollar tree. A carabiner. Something like this would work. If you can't snap it over the cross bars, you could always remove the corner, slide them on and put the corner bracket back on

3. That was just an example, you don't even need anything that heavy duty.

4. Will those work? I kinda figured that's what you could use

5. I'mnot sure. I'm thinking maybe 2 closed S hooks per corner. but 2 closed S hooks will still move around right? I want something stationary. but it will work I just don't want anything rubbing on the tent after awhile up and down may make some wear than a hole

sitting here eating dry wheaties,breakfast of champions lol

6. I tried to put a hook on the top bar and the tent cover is so tight I can hardly get the S hook on, I would never get 8 on, I probably can't get another one on. I need something that will sbap on? snap on bar?

7. How about pvc elbows slid over the top crossbars connected with a pc of pvc? You could then attach an eyebrow through the pvc to attach a ratchet

• Like Like x 2
  8. "sitting here eating dry wheaties,breakfast of champions lol"
    This is my breakfast of champions..COOKIES AND CREME;)
    LOL ( HiYa Grammy)

cookies and creme.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Good morning! :hola: It sounds good can you send me a pic the pieces so I can try to get a visual? No hurry :)

10. Cookies and creme you can never tire of. HI Buzz!!! Nice to see you friend its been awhile!:hola:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Good morning. You're up early. Well, I am too lol. Getting ready to leave for work. Gotta feed the masses. I'll post up what I was talking about later.

12. Excellent! Thanks so much! I'm one of those who never sleep more than a couple of hours at a time, so I'm usually always around lolHave a nice day! :hola:

13. Hi @After the shot ! I think I can just slide the top 2 tent bars over and hang of those This way I don't even need to add or build anthing. :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Screenshot_2018-04-13-15-14-55.png Screenshot_2018-04-13-15-18-29.png well I see that you may have a solution. But, I if you need to, fashion something, this is what I was thinking. A 45 degree pvc Wye fitting. 1 on each of the cross bars and the 45 connected with the correct size pvc. Drill a hole in the piece of pvc connecting the 45s and attach the eye bolt. Not only will you be able to attach a ratchet, it would add some additional corner support.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I wonder if we could cut one of those in half lengthwise..put it around the corner and wire it tight??
    Luckily my Vivosun corners seem pretty tight after a yr. of use..I also got a Unitfarm 2x4xSIX recently that has xtra heavy duty everything..it was too pricey, but choices are VERY limited in a six footer..the normal size for a 2x4 is only 5 ft high..I think it may have something to do with the way the fabric lays out for cutting during manufacturing for this size..but not sure (I was in the rag business for yrs.)

• Like Like x 1
  16. The rag business?,I used to deal with a rag guy when i worked at an archery shop. We bought rags to build backstops to shoot into. Several years later, he supplied the paint shop with soft rags at the body shop I worked at. Whoda thunk there was money in rags.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. That was a VERY long time back!!
    That business sucked..When I moved to Nevada..I of course got into the Gaming Business..(30 yrs worth..LOL)

PS: I was in the clothing manufacturing business ..we called that the rag business)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Thank you! I thought they made a corner like that! That 45 degree piece. I was trying to explaine it to someone but I just couldn't get the words right, Thank you!!!! :hola:

19. Maybe something like this around the bars? Or one with an eyelet on each end and a self tapping screw 41u3zjCiTML._AC_UL320_SR274%2C320_.jpg Eyelet_Gripple_main.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1