HELP PLEASE! I can't figure out what's wrong

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ColeJDUB, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Hey GC,

For the life of me or my plants I cant figure out what's going on with them. Their growth seems to be very stunted for day 16 from germ. yellowing started at the lowest leaves, now they are shriveled and have some purple. now the outter most tips of my leaves are turning yellow. And on the larger of the two plants the same is starting and it is very droopy. Both stems are purplish in color.

I am running a DWC with hydroton, 3 CFLs 2700. Temps are max 85*F and I am running just phd H20 ( I was using some nutes but at 1/8th strength) I stopped and decided to flush with just phd water. but the problem is getting more severe.

PLease help! I don't wanna lose my girls. I was thinking (N) deficiency or maybe magnesium but I am not sure.

Any help would be more than appreciated!
    Thanks!!

100_1038.jpg

100_1039.jpg

100_1040.jpg

100_1023.jpg

2. The seedling does not need any fertilizer.
    And all you need is 1 14w 6500K CFL, that will grow it very nice. Add more lighting after about 6 inches.

It's also a good idea to wait until the root system is well developed before transferring into your DWC.

3. The other members post is correct. If we understand correctly and your running 27k only then you need to replace with 65k. Ph with a meter only. And no nutes. It may help to get temps down in lower 80's high 70's. The reason is, if there is nutes in there and the plants aren't using them with the temps that high the nutes will sit and cause other issues. All it'll take is 1 small bad bug and it'll explode.

After you see new growth then add a low does nute but not till then...
    Good Luck...

4. Ahhh, thank you both. I added one today. making it 3 27k's and 1 65k but it raised the temps alot.. so i think im going to take out one of the daylight bulbs.

oh yea i use a ph meter n ppm meter. only thing is my ph jumps around ALOT. and i don't know why. but all around Very good info, thanks again +rep to you both.

So they should recover then?

5. I don't why your using the 27k but as long as you are the plants are doomed. One 65k while it will release heat won't raise it to much. I know this because not only do I veg with them but I also build custom reflectors for them.

My units push upwards of 500 actual watts. And yes when ya have that much they must be cooled. 27k will radiate more heat than a 65k but again, please read radiate.

I'm sure you'll figure it out as you move on.

Best of luck....

PS; On this forum there is a stickey on lights and CFL's you might wanna take the time to go over them.

6. yea for some reason I had the light spectrums switched in my mind.. i dunno i guess its a pothead thing lol.... im running (1) 13w 65k (1) 23w 65K (1) 20w 65K (1) 23w 27k.... temps are 82-83*F (a little too high for my liking) but manageable. I am going to redo my rubbermaid and just use white paint rather than foil tape.. all that combined should be enough to keep the temps down.. thanks for the help man. its my first grow so sorry for my ignorance - i just want it to go as best as possible ya kno.

thanks.

7. no worries...

get your temps down and go from there. I've used foil tape before and half the fun of this hobby is building your own stuff. Theres a lot of good people on here to. Read all ya can and don't give up..:wave:

8. good looks man, yup thats all I can do lol.