HELP !!! please HELP, Is this mold or a deficiency????

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ridesdeepsnow, Mar 4, 2010.

1. I just started noticing this on one plant :eek:

WHAT IS THIS, PLEASE helpPhoto "A" :confused::confused::confused:

This is a SKYWALKER, what is going on is this MOLD? i have a ton of air going through this place, enough to keep a 1000w in a 4'9"x4'9"x6'7" at a even 81.5F in 75F room temp with a 6" inline centrifugal exhaust and a 6" booster fan blowing in induction air????????????
    [​IMG]

and another view of the SkywalkerPhoto B :(
    [​IMG]

Now I also have 1 other plant looking not so great
    This is the Hindu Kush, thats in one of the only (2) 5 gallon pots and the other 17 plants are in 3 gallon pots. The other Hindu Kush is in the only other 5 gallon pot and does not have the same symptoms. I feed them PH 6.9 water tuesday night at 10pm with the first mix of nutrients 1/3 recommended lowest mix, and the is in the biggest pot and the other Hindu Kush in a 5 gallon pot is doing fine and they have always been right next to each other same conditions.

Here is the Hindu KushPhoto "A" :confused:
    [​IMG]

Here is another angle of the Hindu Kush (photo "B")
    [​IMG]

Please help if you can I would liek to fix this asap as soon as I am sure of what it is, I will be watching this post for replies... :confused::confused:

THIS IS THE ONLY ONE IN THE WHOLE TENT LIKE THIS......OUT OF 19

2. Did it brush up agains a light? If not it looks more like a deficiency. Not sure of what. Look around for the deficiency chart. Should help you out.

High temps too maybe?

3. Temps are between 82.3F high and 68F lows, intake air from central air house set generally at 72-74.

No way the light hit the plant no. What about the other plant with the Leaf edge burn?

The spotting looks like a deficiency but I can't recall, something like Zinc of something.

Come on people, any thoughts?

4. I just fed them Nutrients for the first time tuesday night.

I used Fox Farms GROW BIG 6-4-4 instant concentrate

1 teaspoon per gallon, water PH 6.9 before mixing nutrients 1 gallon at a time, then watered plants, when I ran out of water I got jug filled with 1 gallon mixed 1 teaspoon, shake to mix, then poured till empty, repeat process until all plants are watered.

here is the link to the fox farms nut i used for Vegetative growth

FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company

5. Grow Big is a very hot nute. It's recommended that you use at 1/2 strength AT MOST till you figure what your plants want. You have a minor case of burn. Flush and get that ph to 6.5, she'll recover.

It's safe to feed her the Big Bloom in full strength (according to the FF nute schedule), but not the Tiger Bloom or Grow Big ;)

6. #7 Doc6701, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
    looks like mg deficiency to me. I bet you use distilled water.

Edit: if you decide this is your issue, 1 table spoon of epson salt per gallon will fix it.

This mix will be slightly basic, so watch your pH

7. Skywalker has a bad case of Powdery Midew...There are several remedies to include.

1. Sodium Bicarbonate - Diluted
    2. H202 - Diluted
    3. Neem Oil - Diluted
    4. Lower your humidity
    5. Raise temps to 100 degress for 1 hr and make sure to cover your soil with ice packs.

Good luck...:smoke:

8. If you ph you water and then added 1 teaspoon of Grow big, your ph is way low... which is being shown.

And as you already know, you got your self some PM.

I'd do a runoff test using some distilled water. The very first amount of run off is what you want to measure for ph and ppms. Go from there.