Help please? growing tips

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Malanath, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Well growing my first plants. I have two growing at the moment. I've done a bit of research but not completely comfortable with my setup. I just want to know if what I have going will produce bud in the future. I know to get rid of the male and how to tell the sex and all but just about my lighting, the way i planted them etc. If anyone is willing to help send me an email or something or I can post pics if anyone is curious. Btw im doing this on a FREE budged other than the light bill. THanks!

2. #2 Ohio614boi, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Does that mean outdoors and what exactly do u have questions about

3. Im trying to figure out how to post some pictures up....cant seem to find it...My main questions are about my lighting

4. #4 Ohio614boi, Apr 19, 2011
    What is your lighting ... Mh... Hps..compact fl..led.. Etc and what's the wattage.

5. Ok got it. My questions are.

Do i have enough light?
    How much should I water them?
    Should i use anything other than light and water to help them grow and when?
    and any other tips are greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

6. Im using 50watts X 3
    a 22 watts blue light
    and a 90 watt hallogen

7. #7 Ohio614boi, Apr 19, 2011
    With those lights the heat wont be enough to get the plant to use a lot of nutes. They need to be in veg for a long time before they are big enough to handle nutes. Thats only because of the lights.. And also yur yield will me minimal due to the light also.. As far as nutes.. I use general organics 3 part... micro hardwater.. Grow ... And bloom... The balance is great u won't have any chemical build up causing burn... And if you have hard water this stuff is the best... I've been at this for 10 years now.. You'll find out all strains are diff.. And some need more love than others... Moral of story those light will work for the full cycle.. I only use flourescent for very beginning...It a timing thing... It seems that the plant growth is very slow... If your gonna use those for the whole cycle.. The light bulbs need to be two to 3 inches from leaves... Yu shouldn't have a problem wiu burn bc of the low temp... Compact flourescent that is for reg bulbs still keep relatively close just not so close that they burn... Also the plant will grow fine without nutes.. Yu will need nutes for flowering to have big buds... And your plants will start to yellow in flowering if you don't use a nuts... I've used all types of nutes and anything from general organics is great... Do not use foxfarm nutes that shit sucks and the expensive one are bullshit chemical filled executioners.. You will kill your shit... More light means more bud... Sufficient nutes means healthy dense fuller buds.. Hope this help.. If you need anything else ask me... If you were thinking of buying a
    Light 1000watt hps is the best metal halides are too weak only good for veg... People say switch from metal halide to hps when going from veg to flower.. I've found out thAt if you move the 1000 up to it's highest point the plant only get about 600watts the same as the sun... You'll find out what they want if they don't grow like weeds in ur yard... Rediculously fast.. Appearance should be diff almost every day... Get a bigger light or add more bulbs... If I didnt cover something let me known kinda went rambling.. I just remember when I had ?s... I just want to make it as easy to understand as possible...

8. ok wow thanks for all the great advice! I moved my lights just a little bit closer. Im looking into some lights now for the plants. Going to eventually have this setup in my closet. Again thanks for the reply ;D

9. I just began my first grow and it's going decently, except in the last couple days I've noticed the two largest leaves have started to yellow and dry out. Is this nute deficiency, nute burn or too much air blowing on the plant? I have three pics, but not sure how to post them on here...

10. BTW, the strain is Purple Kush and I'm using 2 40W CFL's on 24/7 with a small fan blowing lightly on the plant. I use Miracle Grow 24-8-16 N-P-K and water twice a week as needed.

11. Here are those pics...

Attached Files: