HELP PLEASE ! !found a bug!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jazzysnak420, Jun 18, 2019.

1. So as the title suggests I found a bug on one of my new growth shoots :'( can someone please help me identify this little critter should I smash him into oblivion or let him live on ? And if there is one so you think there will be more ? If so what measure can be taken to eliminate them ! I have one spider living in my tent who I'm sure is helping Haha! Here's as good of a photo as I could get! 20190618_140114.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Is it an aphid ? If so what can I do to roast them

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. usually 8 legs good bugs eat other bugs . . 6 legs bad bug. eat your plants or you . cant always go by the legs but in this situation this bug will eat the shit out of the plant

4. So kill them ? Would.you agree that it looks like an aphid ? I've only seen one but I'm sure theres more lurking around. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them ? I know I can research it but figured I'd ask here , after all that's what forums are for :) thanks

5. #5 tooslow, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    You be the judge!
    aphid - Google Search
    Honestly, I don't think I ever heard aphid in the singular.
    Neem oil or soapy water; the usual... they're nasty.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. "A" bug? OMG you need to trash this grow and start over...there is no telling the destruction it will cause. You may need to move and for the safety of others, burn the house down when you leave.
    or
    you could squish it and be on the lookout for number 2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. #8 Jazzysnak420, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Yeah like I said tooslow I think it does look like a green aphid, I already looked Into it a bit... but figured I'd ask on here and gather some opinions and people's personal experience, I kind of thought that was the point of a forum.

8. looks like an aphid. Insecticidal soap spray or you could try an h2o2 spray if your in flower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. other guys were right its an aphid .id try insecticidal soap ,if theres only a couple pick them off .mac.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hey Jazzysnak420, welcome to Grasscity!

What bryan connor said: six legs bad, eight legs good. Eight legs=spiders. Spiders eat bugs, not plants. :)

Use neem oil mixed with soap and water and spray your vegging plants with it. It tastes nasty, so you definitely don't want to spray it on flowers, but it's probably the number one defense in integrated pest management for marijuana plants. It works against pests by coating the plant in wax that bugs can't penetrate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thanks for the replies everyone, it is greatly appreciated ! I killed the one that I noticed , will monitor the situation closely !

12. Hey thanks alot, It's great to be here ! And finally be able to grow freely! What a blessing ! And awesome information, I will be preparing a solution of neem in the morning ! I have also noticed a couple spiders in my tent, and I have left them be, glad to have the little fellas around they can help me keep things under control!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The neem oil is a solution for most pests that's great to know! Thanks again, cheers

14. Uh... ya might want to start your insecticide routine.... yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Im on it ! the neem will be had today! thanks again

16. i dont have a routine heh.. i will look into how frequently i should apply the neemz lol!