Help please, flowering going on 9 weeks

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pippy426, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Hi, im new to growing. I have 3 decent size plants growing. Went to 12/12 about 9 weeks ago. About 4 weeks ago the white hairs started to all turn brown and look withered. But in the last 2 weeks it seems like new long white hairs are coming out. I don't see buds, at least I don't think I do. I check with the 100X lens and they are still clear white. What could I have done wrong and what can I do to save them? Please help, I moved to another country so I lost all my connections, so growing was my only option.

2. Don't know about your issue of whether buds are there or not, but the key point here is that you don't count flowering from when you flip to 12/12, you count from when the plant actually starts flowering. So it sounds like you've been flowering for only 4-5 weeks.

But five weeks from flip of lights to showing pistils is way long, something isn't right in your grow setup.

- Are you sure your timer is giving 12/12 lighting?
    - What light spectrum?
    - How many watts/lumens of what kind of light?
    - Are you sure the dark cycle is completely dark?
    - What kind of nutes?
    - What kind of soil?
    - Did you flush before flipping the lights?
    - What strain? Sativas take quite a bit longer to mature.

3. I think the problem might have been that light got in during dark time, could that have made them start flowering all over again? Thanks for all your help:)

4. yeah they either revert back to veg cycle or go hermie and get all screwed up.

5. I don't see any balls. If they reverted back to veg at some stage, will they still grow?

6. If theyre reverting back to veg stage or "revegging", you'll get single piont leaves forming, that are rouded, and abit wavey. People often call them "basil leafs'.

Theres no problem with revegging, people do it for alot of different reasons, but constantly changing from 12/12 to 18/6 and back to 12/12 will stress your plant out to the piont where itll hermie.

7. thanks for all your help